
We had a fun fourth of July. Aunt Alaina and Uncle Roland came with us to Fort Vancouver to watch the fire works. Here Alaina is teaching Lia Belle how to catch popcorn in her mouth.

Alaina and Lia Belle. You would never know that Alaina is 8 months pregnant. No fair, she looks too good.

Here is Jacob, contemplating the wonder of a snow cone.

The Selanders, ready for the show! I love the Fourth of July. I have to say, it is my favorite Holiday. I know Chad and Alaina and Roland came with me to fight the crowds just to make me happy. I had my special Independance day moment during the fireworks show. The song, "Proud to be an American" by Lee Greenwood always makes me teary. I also got emotional when they played the song "Wonderful World". ( Although that makes me think of a lovely time I had in Germany ) Independance day is different than other holidays, because it applies to all citizens regardless of race, religion or politics. It is the one day when the rich and poor celebrate together our country that gives us the chance to be whatever we want to be. I hope that next year I can celebrate the Fourth at Mount Rushmoor! Wouldn't that be cool!!!
4 comments:
aaaww... you are too kind to me! That was a fun time! I'll read your blog!
It's hard to think of Alaina all grown up!
Wow she looks great pregnant!!!!!
Congrats to Alaina!!!
Allison.....the Texas gal!
Yeah, Alaina does look great pregnant. It's now quite fair.
Hey, next fourth of July at Mt.Rushmore sounds like a super idea. Especially if you let me know so I can meet you there, or you can just keep on coming East for a visit with our little, or not so little, family!
Post a Comment