Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not your everday Elevator Music


I was at the grocery store the other day with my girls. I've found with Jacob and LIa Belle that they think the acoustics in the grocery store are really great. Usually after about five minutes in they decide it's the right place to sing every song they know at the top of their lungs. Jacob prefers to sing his songs he learned at his Evangelical pre-school. Some of the the songs lend themselves quite well to shouting ie.... "My God is soo GREAT! My God is soo MIGHTY " (picture a Tiger Woods like fist pump at the word "Great") Then there is "I'm in the Lord's Army, YESSS SIR!" ( here you can envision a very crisp and enthusiastic salute that usually ends up hitting his little sister in the head, or knocking something off of a shelf) These songs are cute and how can you possible tell a little kid to stop singing, especially when it makes everyone you meet smile? However, of all the songs I have ever heard in the grocery store my favorite was Lia Belle's version of "I've been working on the railroad" In her mind the word's of the song are , "I've been walking on a rainbow... all the livelong day... I've been walking on a rainbow, just to pass the time away." I thought it was the cutest thing I had heard in a long time . Besides, I would much rather walk on a rainbow, than work on a railroad. And who works on a railroad "just to pass the time away." If I have time to waste on a rainbow is where I'd rather be.

2 comments:

Melanie Engen said...

I posted a comment 3 posts down but was afraid you wouldn't read below your latest one. Love your kids. They are so funny and growing up fast. Especially little, or not so little, Phoebe. She is just darling.

all about the girls said...

That is so cute! Love the pictures of Phoebe!