Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob











Today was Jacob's fifth birthday! He has been so excited for his birthday, ever since last year's birthday. I can't tell you how many times in the last year that I have heard Jacob dream about his birthday party. What he finally got was a birthday party for he and Lia Belle at a place called JJ Jumps. All of their little friends were there. They had a blast running and jumping around, going through the mazes and down the slides. then we had snacks and cake and icecream. Jacob and Lia Belle's friends were so thoughtful and gave them the cutest gifts. It was so cute to see my kids playing with friends and having the time of their lives.


As for myself, I am happy also that the last of the August birthdays has passed. I really stress out about making sure everyone has their own special day. On Sunday, Chad's birthday,Lia Belle made a comment about Chad only getting one gift. Jacob said, "It's o.k Lia Belle, Daddy doesn't care he just wants a piece of cake." How observant of him. On Monday, Jacob was being naughty, picking on his sister. I threatened to cancel the party which threw him into hysterics. Then he said, "Mom, you can't cancel my birthday! I just HAVE to turn five, I just HAVE to!" I thought it was so funny that he thought I had the power to make him stay four years old. If I only did have that power, I don't know which age I would pick to freeze him at. So far each of his five years have been fun and wonderful to be part of and also each age has had it's own challenge.Jacob is such a fun , beautiful, smart observant, little boy. He is kind and thoughtful and even though he teases his sister, he takes care of her and protects her too. He really is an answer to prayer. Seven years ago we weren't sure if we would ever have our own children , then Jacob came. With his beautiful smile and big brown eyes. I love my little boy so much!

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Happy birthday jacob and good job to mom. you are doing a great job with these little blessings, annie. keep up the great work. love r

Cindy Feuz said...

Happy Birthday Jacob the big boy! That is soo funny he said he has to turn 5! So cute. Lol

Sarah Humble said...

Busy month. Happy Birthday to everyone!!!