Sunday, November 09, 2008

I am grateful today...

That I am healthy. Yes.. a bonus grateful post. There is just too many things for only one a day. And saying I am grateful for my health might sound cliche, but I truly mean it. I was watching TLC tonight and saw a show about "The Woman with Giant Legs". I'll just say, she is a normal sized woman on top with legs three or four sizes bigger than the average, due to some genetic syndrome. It got me thinking about my health. I am fortunate to have been a generally healthy person, nothing really serious. I am fortunate that I have healthy children. When you think about all the things that have to come togehter for a baby to grow properly it is an absolute miracle that any of us are here and alive let alone healthy. I know that many people have problems with their health and might get frustrated that other people take their health for granted, well in this moment I am not taking my health for granted.

3 comments:

Alainarae said...

Was that show on right before "world's biggest man?" TLC is good at scaring the crap out of you!

Jill said...

Annie! I just have to laugh because I wanted to watch that show and Burke totally mocked me. He is like "Heck no! I am not watching 'The Woman with Giant Legs'" but see how good it would have been for me. It would have made me appreciate being the woman with average size legs. Instead we watched "Destroyed in Seconds" he likes watching things get blown up.

Annie said...

Ha, that is funny! I watched part of it and then recorded the rest to show Chad later so that he would bellieve me. he says I exaggerate, so I had to have proof that I wasn't exaggerating on this one!