Tuesday, April 21, 2009

O Pioneer, don't suck my blood!

Last night as I was putting Lia Belle to bed we had a funny conversation.
LB "Mom, my hair keeps getting in my face and tickling me."
Me- "Would you like me to braid it, to keep it out of your face?"
LB- "NO" (Her favorite word)
Me- "The pioneers used to braid their long hair at night to keep it out of their face. (I was recalling Little House where they alway sleep with long braids down their backs.)
LB- scrunching up her nose and looking at me like she was trying to remember something "Pioneers???? They Suck BLOOD!"
ME- (trying very hard not to laugh out loud) "What? Pioneers suck blood? Do you mean Vampires?"

LB- "Oh, yeah, yeah... Vampires suck blood"


Turns out a babysitter we hired last week had brought one of the Twilight books with her and thus ensued a converasation about vampires. I don't know how she confused them with pioneers though?


Jacob had an interesting conversation with his neighbor friend that I overheard from my kitchen window.

Nicky- (a boy) "When I grow up I'm going to have a baby in my tummy.
Jacob- with a giggle "No your not! Lia Belle can have one but not you."
N- "Yes I can. Boys can have babies."
J- "No, only girls can have babies."
N- "I asked my mom and she said that I can have a baby in my tummy when I grow up."

J- paused to think this one over then said "Well... She's wrong. "

That's my boy. Stick by your guns. When you know something is right stand up for it!

5 comments:

Ronda said...

way to go Jacob!

Kristi said...

LOL! Too funny! Nicole thinks she already has a baby in her tummy. These kids and their babies...

Alainarae said...

Jacob is right...unless you were a woman, had a sex change, and kept your lady parts, like that one "guy" who had a baby in his tummy. But he was really a woman, so I don't think that counts!

Elizabeth said...

Too funny!

Cindy Feuz said...

Oh my gosh that was sooo funny!