Jacob and Gammy
All the cousins, minus AJ and Lars
Eden's Birthday Bonfire! S'mores!
At the Park in Jamesport MO
Best Friends Lia Belle and cousin Romey!Well, I have been in the midwest for the past two weeks. It has been a great trip, but I am ready to go home tomorrow. We do have computers and the internet back here in the country, I just haven't had time to be on the computer. Funny, I came for a lazy, midwest summer vacation like from my youth, and yet I haven't had time to do half of the things I wanted to do. I guess, life is NEVER lazy when you have three young children, four nieces, and two nephews together in one house. It has been so fun. THe kids attended their cousin Quincey's baptism in Nebraska. Spent a day at Omaha's awesome Henry Doorly Zoo, jumped on trampolines, chased fireflies, played outside in the dirt and the mud from dawn till dusk. We went to a children's museum in OMaha, Hallmark's Kaleidesccope in Kansas City, a Lego Art Display, the Independance Visitor's city, the LIberty Jail Visitor's Center, FAr West, Adam- ON Di Ahman,(CHurch History Sites) and Jamestown; home of the Missouri Amish. We had a cousin's birthday party, Eden's own Birthday Party, which included a picnic, and bonfire and almost night games of capture the flag. During all of this Ronda and I and Mom, tore out carpet out of a bedroom, painted it and put down a new floor. Somehow, the little ones got enough naps to keep them pleasant and we all got to hold Alaina's newborn baby Oliver.And we managed for one of us to go see Grandma in the Nursing home in Excelsior springs about 12 miles away every day. OH... and Ronda and I started a diet and have stuck to it. I am sooo tired! But the fun doesn't end. I am bringing my niece Eden home with me and get to keep her for a week, then I will fly with her to Southern California to return her to her mother who is visiting her best friend Sarah Simpson for three weeks! I LOVE Summer!
3 comments:
Annie- Thanks for making the effort to come so far. It was not stress free to be in the middle of this, but very memorable! Thanks for keeping my big baby girl and making her feel important. I will never forget the last two weeks. I love you, Ronda
I'm sad I missed out. But I just couldn't do it this year. You're coming to Utah this summer too, aren't you?
Man I'm jealous.
Post a Comment