Here I am with a few of my wonderful friendsat the coast, Lincoln City, Oregon
Well, this is our last week in our home in Vancouver. We were so sad at Church today to say goodbye to our friends who have been our family here. When we first moved into our house I was about 7 months pregnant with Lia Belle. When the Relief Society President came to meet me she asked me if there was anything I needed. I told her I needed someone I could call day or night when it came closer to my due date, because I would need someone to take care of Jacob. Sister Rippon immediatly introduced me to Chris Shurtliff and her daughter Heather Etchison. Chris came over at 1 am for a false alarm! I was horrified that I had to go home and tell this nice lady who came over in the middle of the night that it was for nothing!!! I made sure the next time that it was the real deal, that is when Heather came over. That act of service meant so much to me and was just the first of many acts of service and love offered to our family by our ward family here.
Moving is a strange feeling. We have loved our home here so much! Our little family has grown quite a bit in this home in the last five years. And it is sad to leave it. We know we are making the right decision to move back to Salt Lake. Any doubts have been swept away by how easily things are falling into place. We sold our home in two months, with to offers in one day! Not that common now-a-days!
Since the first time I came to the Northwest as a freshman in college, I have wanted to live here. Five years ago, that dream became reality. I just can't believe the time has gone by so fast and it is time to move on to another dream. I get attached to the places I have lived and loved. I will add Vancouver, Washington to my list of places that have a special place in my heart. I think I will always ache in my heart to come back here to the coast and the mountains and forests. I love the green ness and the trees. I love the mild summers and winters. And I have loved the people! Every where I meet wonderful, kind, giving , caring , friendly people.
4 comments:
You meet wonderful, kind, giving, caring, friendly people every where you go because that is who you are. We can hardly wait for all that wonderfulness to be in Utah.
DON'T LEAVE US!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's finally here and you're actually going to move. I'm going to miss you so much. We'll have to get together this week so the girls can play one more time before you go. (tear).
ahem.. you forget to mention the best part about living in WA- the 22 months that I lived there! Weren't those the best times!?!? I'm sad that you are moving away from there because I won't be able to go back to WA to visit you. I miss it, too. Washington was really where our family started and grew and it will hold a special place in my heart, as well. But at least now I have even more incentive to get out to UT to visit all of my lovely sisters that live there!YAY!
You are a bum. That's all I have to say. Well, that and I love you and I can't wait to come visit you in Utah!
Post a Comment