As a mom I don't get a biweekly check, or a year end bonus. I don't get certificates of achievement. But I do get my own "paydays" I always feel that Christmas morning is a huge payday for me. And each birthday is a payday, a time to reflect on the year and the progress that has been made in each children.
So the other day I got a "bonus Check". Here's how it happened. Phoebe came calling, "Mama! Mama! My Jeans! Fix it!" Her snaps on her overalls had come undone and she wanted me to fix them. So I sat on the floor to try to line up all those little snaps that go up the legs while she refused to sit down or stand still. Then out of the blue, Phoebe reached down, and grabbed my chin and pulled up so I would look at her, then she softly patted my cheeks and said, "My Mommy, so special my mommy." She had such a sweet look on her face that just melted my heart. That happened two days ago and I can't stop talking about it because it was just the reward I needed.
Happy Easter!
5 comments:
what an angel. Can't wait to see her! And the rest of you!
That is so sweet!
It's those little moments that matter most.. what a sweetie pie!
awww so sweet, I want to see that Pheobe! It's funny Navie has said a few times "my mommy" "my mommy" and I love that!
Makes it all worth it!
Post a Comment