Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yakity Yak!

My kids talk NONSTOP! Which some people might find hard to believe since my kids do get a little shy around other people. So, I'm trying to remember some of the funny things they say and ask. I have to say, I feel a little special when they ask me things like "How deep is the Ocean" as if I would actually know it!

Today at Target Lia Belle and Phoebe had the following conversation:
L- "Hey Phoebe? Who do you think is the cutest?"
P- (quick as a wink) ME!!!!

L- "Hey Phoebe? Aren't you glad that you, me and mommy are the prettiest girls in the WHOLE WORLD!?"
P- "Yeah! We are so pretty!"

Then in the car we had this little convo:
L- Mom, why do some boys pick on me? (this was because a boy at the swimming pool tried to push her down.)

M- "Well, sometimes boys think you are cute and they want to be your friend but they don't know how, so they might tease you to get your attention. (This put a silly little smile on her face.)

L- But I don't like it when they are mean to me.
M- Well, just tell them you will be their friend and they can stop being mean to you.
L- Yeah!! That's a good idea.

Some questions this week all from Jacob:
"Mom! How deep is the ocean?"
"Mom! What do you think is the nicest animal?"
"Mom! Why can't humans fly?"
"Who invented the phone?"
"Who invented electricity? (but this one he knew about Benjamin Franklin after we said his name he went on to tell us the story of the kite.)



I wish I could remember more of their questions, because they always surprise and amaze me at the thoughts in their heads. Jacob's questions are more about the world around him and Lia Belle's questions and comments are mostly about herself. She is not selfish though, I think she is more concerned about how she fits into the world around her. She is actually very sensitive to others feelings, she also has very sensitive feelings herself.

Phoebe doesn't really ask questions yet, but she likes to try to answer the kids questions sometimes by repeating what I say or just piping in with "Yeah!"

I love these kids.

1 comment:

Cindy Feuz said...

haha that's cute! Phoebe cracks me up when she goes.. "Yeah sure, sure , sure!"