Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall is Here, Ring the Bell, Back to School,Show and Tell...

Yeah!! The kids started school on September 8th. Was I counting down the days? Yes I was! I guess, you could say I am one of those people who welcome change. I was sooo ready for summer and we really enjoyed it. It was fun having the kids old enough to go and do a lot more things. But, by the end of August I was ready for the welcome routine of school. Lia Belle started Kindergarten after much deliberation and talking an worrying. As you might recall, she just turned 5 in August. I was not sure if she was ready emotionally for the five day separation. (1/2 days). But in the end I was convinced she was ready. She really liked the first day, but after about three questions from me, I guess she knew there were about a hundred more questions ready to spill out of my mouth, and she decided to nip it in the bud by saying "I don't want to talk about it anymore mom." Oh... o.k...
So here are the pics. I didn't have time to take them at home so I made them pause for a picture on the way in. They gave me a smile but were very excited to get in the door.
Lia Belle at her desk. I didn't want to let her go. The funny thing is Phoebe would have gladly traded places with her sister.





Here she is coming out of her first day of school.





What a sweet heart. She had a great day! I hope she continues to like it. She gets a little sleepy during music time. Maybe she will get to used to it. I am SSSOOOOO Glad they wear uniforms!!! I can only imagine the struggles getting dressed in the morning without the uniforms!! She would want to wear her summer-iest dress on the coldest winter day!



Jacob also had fun on his first day of first grade. His Kindergarten teacher moved up with him and that was really comforting to me. (although, I would have loved for her to be Lia Belle's teacher). He loved greeting familiar faces and it was great to see him so confident and explaining to his sister how things worked around the school.
Phoebe was a little sad that morning. After we dropped the kids off Chad and I used the morning to run some errands. Poor Phoebe stared at the window and ignored us as she pouted. I don't know if she missed the kids so much as she was mad that she couldn't stay. This morning the conversations at breakfast went like this.
Phoebe: I GO TO SCHOOOOLLLL TOOO!!!
Jacob: No you don't Phoebe. You can go when you are five.
Phoebe: NO!
Me: That's right, you can go in three years.
Jacob: Yup! When you are five.
PHoebe: (glaring at Jacob) NO JACOB!!! I CAN GO IN THREE YEARS!!!
She was very upset that we were telling her she is too little. On the other hand, she plays beautifully by herself, goes down easily for her hour and a half nap and is a very pleasant child. She entertained herself by following me around with a basket of odds and end toys and playing with them wherever I was working.
I hope the rest of the school year goes so nicely. I can't believe how fast my babies are growing!

1 comment:

Alainarae said...

Aaw, Lia Belle looks so cute and grown up in her little uniform! I love it! Jacob is getting so big, too. What cuties. I miss them! Poor Phoebe, she is just so ready to be big:)