Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Third Trimester

I have been dreading the third trimester. This pregnancy has gone by fairly quickly and fairly easily,(except for a few sinus infections and colds) and my superstitious brain was telling me to not count on it to last. I guess maybe I have brought this on my self with my negative thinking, but I have hit the wall. at 28 weeks I started developing a nice little runny nose, (again) Which has lingered and worsened. Now at 30 weeks, I was struck down with a headache, runny, stuffy nose, and sinus pressure that felt like my teeth would drop out of my jaw. I spent most of last week in my bed. Chad took to the kids on Friday to visit his brother in Boise, and I stayed back to rest. And that is what I did. Slept and slept and slept and slept. It was "dreamy"! Chad and the kids came home Sunday evening and I felt so relaxed and rested and my cold felt like it was on the way out. So of course, on Monday, I decided to catch up on some much needed housework. So by the end of the day, my back, hips and legs have been killing me! I nice little reminder to keep taking things easy. I don't enjoy this part of pregnancy, and I hope it will pass quickly. 10 more weeks. Luckily, things don't look like they will be slowing down any time soon, with school starting, Jacob's baptism coming up, Soccer, cub scouts, piano lessons, and possibly a bathroom and kitchen remodel thrown in there, if I can get it all finalized with in the next 4 or 5 days. Life is busy, and I am grateful it helps me forget myself and helps this pregnancy go by a little faster. Now, once the baby gets here I want life to S L O W down so I can rock, and cuddle my new little baby for as long as possible....

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

sorry you've been so sick this time! Are you seeing your chiropractor and getting regular massages? You really should. That will help you a lot. You are so busy doing everything for everyone else, you need to take some time to take care of you and that little baby!!! Love you, I think the last bit will fly by, and maybe you'll get a tender mercy and go a few days or a week early this time instead of over :)

all about the girls said...

I wish I was there to help you!!! You are amazing and you will fly through this and rock that beautiful baby and enjoy the respite :)