I have always Loved September. In Fact, Chad and I regret that we didn't get married in September. We should have, it is pretty much the perfect month. This year September brings me special relief, because our long kitchen and bath remodel ordeal is OVER!!! I still need to do a few things, like purchase bar stools, cushions, rugs, and curtains. But no more men walking in and out of my house, no more dust, no more disrupted schedules and interrupted naps because we have to get out of dodge so we don't die from toxic fumes. I can put everything away that has been displaced. And best of all, I have a BEAUTIFUL new kitchen and bath that I had been dreaming about for years! Dream BIG!!!
Yesterday Felicity had her first bath in our new kitchen sink! SO FUN! (for me!) up until now she was the only baby to not get a batch in the kitchen sink. The old one had a leak and wouldn't hold water, and it would make a huge mess under the sink. So Phoebe helped me give her a bath yesterday. Plus, here are some pics of the kitchen !
The counter top is engineered quartz, and the back splash is a glass tile.The pink cup is Ikea. :)
Phoebe LOVEs to help me with her baby sister!
The island is a granite. We have a prep sink in the island behind the fruit basket.
I love the blue tiles! So cheery!
This is the wall that was previously all ugly oak cabinets.
Felicity loves the new, clean floor! We love how the hardwood turned out. The wood is Madrone, a hard wood from the Northwest. it is supposed to be very hard and durable, which is why we picked it. I think four kids, a dog and a clumsy mother are the perfect ones to test the durability factor.
Lest you had forgotten, here is a before pic. I LOVE how it turned out and I am so glad to be rid of this boring, yucky kitchen. You can't see here, but this old floor was so disgusting! I could clean all the live long day and it still looked dirty, the sink leaked and I couldn't cook on the back burners of the cook top that is under the Hung-too-low-microwave. It is much more efficient and I finally feel at home in this house ! I'll post bath room pics as soon as I can find which file I put the before pics in..

2 comments:
the new kitchen is even better person! Really pretty!
It looks beautiful!!! One of these days I will have to come and visit again so I can see the update in person!!!
Post a Comment