Tuesday, January 01, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS

We have had such a wonderful Christmas Season! We have all had much needed rest from activities, schedules, school and work. I even asked the kids a number of times if they wanted to have  play dates and they all just wanted to stay home and play with each other!! A dream come true. Of course, they've had their times of picking and teasing, don't get the impression that they have been perfect angels.

We loved seeing my sister Cherie and her family, and Chad's brother Matt and his wife Eliza and kids. We visited with aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, grandparents, friends and neighbors. We stayed up late watching movies and slept in the mornings. The kids received some fun gifts and have had a blast playing with them.

Some funny things that I want to write down before  I forget.

 The other night we were in the car, almost to our destination when Lia Belle starts whining about being thirsty. She can whine really well once she starts and she was working up to an all star whine. Jacob finally is so frustrated he says, "Well, Lia ! If you are so thirsty, why don't you drink your tears?!"
Chad and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Of course, it just made her more upset.

Today Phoebe asks me out of the blue, "Mom, do girls have to go on missions?"
"No, only if you want to."
Phoebe looks relieved so I asked "Why are you worrying about that sweetie, is it because you don't want to leave me?"
She gets big tears in her eyes and says, "No mom, I NEVER EVER EVER want to be away from Felicity!"

I have never met a girl who loves her sister more. Phoebe has been so sweet lately, always saying "Thanks mom for this yummy dinner." or "Mom, I love you so much" Then giving hugs, out of the blue.

I have loved spending relaxed time with the kids and Chad and I am sad that Christmas is over, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. I guess that means it was a success!
Merry Christmas to all! And Happy New Year!

No comments: