Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Time Marches On

Yes, Time marches on. I can't decide if I want it to march a little slower or a little faster! I'll admit that I have dreamt about the day when Holly is in pre-school and things will be a little easier. But I know I'm just kidding myself, I'm sure it will just be a different kind of hard. I'm not gonna lie, these past 6 months since Holly was born have been very difficult and a huge adjustment, more so than any of the other children coming to our home. I don't have enough hands, or enough rest, or enough time! 
 But, the upside is, I do have enough love! I have a wonderful husband who works so hard and helps me with my load all he can. I have smart and responsible kids. I can even leave Jacob in charge as a babysitter for short amounts of time (not with Holly yet) so I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In a year and a half I'll be able to leave Jacob and even Lia Belle as baby sitters, this will be heavenly. I don't want to wish away these special days. I'm trying to slow down and disconnect from the unimportant and focus on the here and now so when these days are gone I can say, "Wow! It was hard having little kids! I did my best and I savored it and relished it. And now I am Loving having big kids and watching them grow into their own."
And here are some pictures of the good parts. And,remember, there are many bad/hard parts that are not captured on a camera. You won't see in these pictures my messy kitchen with sticky floors and toys everywhere. Missing is a picture of me on a saturday morning hiding in my bed with the covers over my head feeling too overwhelmed to face the day. You won't smell the poopy diapers, the spit up, or me on my second day with out a shower! You won't hear me yelling at my kids to get in bed, pick up their shoes or  for heaven's sake stop picking on your sister! You won't see Jacob pouting because he wants an XBoxI and his parents are too mean to buy him one. You won't see grouchy, unhappy kids who don't want to get out of bed for school because they didn't listen the night before and would not go to bed on time :(.... but on second thought... maybe those are the good parts too. They may not be the pretty parts, but they are certainly the parts with substance and depth that help us all to grow and stretch and mature and become stronger and better. 
 Phoebe thought it would be extremely funny to put this funny face on Holly, and she was right!
 I took this picture of Holly because I love how her hair looks from the back. I don't want to forget it.
 Phoebe, a month away from her 6th birthday lost two teeth! She was the bravest one and had Dad pull them as soon as he could!
 Holly Dolly, 5 1/2 months old here, loving her new excersaucer.
 Pheobe's kindergarten artwork was chosen to be displayed at the mall! She loves to color and draw and she wants to be an artist when she grows up.
 A few picture of me and my baby, just to document that I am here too and I love snuggling with my sweetie at night after the other kids are in bed and I can just sit and hold her.

 Felicity has found the fun in trying on her big sisters clothes. She also loves my shoes.
Holly is almost 6 months old, so she tried her first taste of rice cereal. She was not impressed.

So, here are some of the good parts. I sure love these kids and I wouldn't trade a single one for anything! Not even for a flat tummy!

No comments: