Where is summer?
It's really a bummer.
My eyes need to see the blue sky above.
My skin needs to feel the sun's rays of love.
My tongue needs to taste the fruits of this season.
So where is summer? What is the reason
that you won't come around?
My ears long to hear the sweet summer sounds.
Here is my completely pathetic attemp at a poem. This desperate attempt at a poem just proves how desperate I am to be rid of rainy, cloudy days and cool weather. I think I might have to just get in the car and drive south in search of sunshine, because tomorrows forecast is another rainy Saturday. That makes about five in a row. Lovely Northwest weather. I am so bummed because by now the weather is supposed to be sunny most everyday!
Chad disagrees with me, just for the record. He thinks it's been plenty sunny. I guess he just naturally has a sunnier disposition than me.
So, all of you enjoying warm weather and blue skies, soak up some rays for me.
2 comments:
I like the poem! You are a poet and I didn't even know it. ba ha ha.
I am sorry about the cloudy days. That is one reason I think I might have a hard time living in the NW, although it is so beautiful there.
It is pretty sunny here today, just a few clouds that block the sun now and then, and I guess it's warm but I haven't been outside yet! It's been rainy and cool this week though. We're gearing up for the long, hot, MUGGY summer here in VA; so on those cool rainy days you can at least be glad that it's not so hot and humid that just sitting still makes you sweat. That's how summers are, here.
Love the poem--and I totally agree we need some sun!!
Post a Comment