
I think there comes a time when every parent learns exactly what they are teaching their children. This moment came to me just yesterday. When Jacob made this comment to me, I thought it was funny. When I told Chad about it, he said, "Well, we know where he learned that from." This is what happened. I had just sat down, after getting up, sitting down, getting up, for the 15th time in a row. Right as I sat down, Lia Belle asked for help getting her blankie out of her crib. I looked at Jacob and said, "Jacob, honey, could you please go and help your sister get her blankie out of the bed?" He was in the middle of eating an appple and watching a little Dora. He looked at me and said, "Mom.. I don't want to, I just sat down and I'm tired of getting up and down." AAAHHHHH!!!!! I said, "But, Jacob you are four years old, and have a lot of energy, I am an old mommy and I have a big baby in my tummy that makes me lose my energy. Could you please go and help your sister?" Jacob again said, "But mommy, I'm tired of getting up and down." That's when I said,, "Sorry you don't get to say that, I'm the only one who gets to say that." He let out a little whine and slowly made his way up the stairs to help Lia Belle. (After I paused Dora)
After this little exchange, I felt like a really bad mother! How Lazy I sound! I did not realize how many times a day I must say, "I JUST sat down!" " I need to sit down!" or "I'm tired of gettingUP and DOWN!" I'm really not that lazy, at least I didn't think I was, I thought I was just eight months pregnant! This episode just reminded me of what I've always known, that is, having kids is like holding up a magnifying glass to your heart, mind and soul 24/7.
I can't wait for this baby to come! I need my energy back. I'll take the epidural right now! The fatigue is really getting to me. Also, I just can't wait to have another little magnifying glass looking at me from a different angle.
4 comments:
I know how you feel. We had a church lesson today about good, better and best. We should fill our lives with the few best things not the million good things. I am guilty of overfilling my days with good (actually more not good than good). Libby and Markus are always the servants for their old tired mom and I'm not even pregnant!
I totally know how you feel! I have been so lazy for nine months and last week I was laying on the couch after doing way too much and Gracie wanted me to come outside and play with her. When I told her I was too tired, she looked me in the eye and said "But mommy, you don't have a big tummy anymore, you can play now!" Guess I have no more excuses!
Ha ha!! I got a good laugh over that. Especially since my 6-yr old told me yesterday that I made the kids do all the work while I just laid on the couch or in bed. Good luck and hang in there and keep us updated! You look fantastic!
Ha ha!! I got a good laugh over that. Especially since my 6-yr old told me yesterday that I made the kids do all the work while I just laid on the couch or in bed. Good luck and hang in there and keep us updated! You look fantastic!
Post a Comment