Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meet my sister's

I have had a few comments from some of you on the wittiness of my sisters and the sisterhood feeling in general. I know I talk about my lovely array of sisters often and decided I would introduce them all so you can put a face and a name together. First, there are six Belcher children. Five girls and one lonely boy. I'm just talking about the girls today.
The oldest of the Belcher girls is Ronda. This picture is of Ronda, her husband Shane and their youngest daughter Romey. Ronda is two and half years older than me. I spent many years mad at her because she seems to be able to do ANYTHING with ease. Now that I'm older and wiser I look up for to her and try to be like her in so many ways. Ronda served a mission in Urugauy. She played varsity Basketball as a Freshman. She plays the trumpet, grinds her own wheat, bakes her own bread, teaches spanish at a community college and a pre-school, Takes her children on two hour bike rides every summer day, does fun, creative things with her kids and is a the RS president to boot. We like to spend time chatting on the phone and philosophizing together. Ronda, has four beautiful daughters. They live in Omaha, NE and I miss her horribly. She is a good friend and an even better sister. I wish we could live by eachother. Maybe some time in our lives we will live by eachother again.

The next sister (after me, I'm the second oldest, then our brother Paul is the third.) is Cynthia Christine. AKA Cindy. is the fourth of six kids. A tough spot to be in if you ask me. Cindy lives in Utah with her husband kurt and their cute little boy AJ. Cindy just announced that she is expecting her second child in April. (Yeah!) Cindy is five years younger than me, and ten times funnier and wittier than all of us. She is gifted in the art of Charity and kindness. Cindy is very compassionate and cries with people when they are in pain or sorrow, even if she doesn't know them.She is a good listener and is a pretty savvy judge of character. Cindy is the only one of us who can play the piano. She loves animals and has two sweet kitties. Cindy loves to have fun and be with friends.Cindy has a phenomenal laugh! She always is doing fun things with her son and husband. She is a wonderful Mother and is so patient and attentive to AJ. Since Cindy was five years younger than me, we didn't do much together except fight when we were younger. (sorry about that Cindy) Then since we have been grown up, we have never lived by eachother. Maybe Chad and I will move back to utah someday and then I'll get to spend more time with Cindy and her cute little family. I certainly have a lot to learn from her. (Sorry Cindy, I couldn't find a picture on my computer of you, Kurt and AJ.)


Next in line is Alaina. I am nine years older than her. I can remember the day she was born. We woke up to hear the exciting news that she was born in the van on the way to the hospital. I guess the fifth child had to make a spectacular entrance into the world to make an impression. I have spent the most time with Alaina in my adult years than with any of my other sisters. Alaina lived with Chad and I in Utah while she went to school for Massage Therapy. And now she lives two hours away from me with her husband and their 1 year old son, milo. I feel so lucky that I have her close by. We get to do things together and spend time goofing around when our husbands travel for work. Alaina is so nice and friendly. She is never critical or judgemental, she just gives understanding and kind words of encouragement. She is always happy and fun to be around. She is a great mother and aunt. My kids love her and Milo. (and Roland too.)

Last but not least is Cherie. I am ten years older than Cherie. I remember the day she was born too. My grandma told us it was a girl and I looked at Ronda and said, "You can have Alaina, now I have MY OWN baby!" I really thought Cherie was all mine. I tell her she was my first child. Cherie just got hitched this summer. She was a beautiful bride. Cherie has one more year left at BYU for herself, her husband has a few more than that I think. Cherie is probably the most studious, and intelligent of us all. She is very witty. Cherie was in Love with Harry Potter, before she met Eli. She also loves Jane Austen. And many other literary characters. Cherie will be the third English Major to come from the Belchers. (Ronda and I being the other two.) I haven't spent much time with Cherie in adult years, (mostly because I have been waiting for her to enter them). Now that she is a wife and will be a mother (we're taking bets on when that will be.) It will be fun to get to know her on a whole new level.

So folks, there you have it. All my sisters. Aren't they GORGEOUS! I am so lucky to have sisters. They are my best friends and don't let me get away with any of my crap. They love me enough to tell me hard things that may hurt my feelings, but will ultimately make me a better person. They are the only people who have known me my whole life and thus know all sides of me. I can't wait for our first sister's weekend next year!!! Woo-hoo!! It will be a blast. I miss you all. (Except Alaina, I don't miss you at all, see you at the Ape Caves!)

15 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

Thanks for the lovely remarks. But you didn't write much about yourself. You should do that.

Annie said...

The people reading this already know me.

Ronda said...

I remember the day alaina was born. I knew something was up because when I came out of my room in the basement at 7:00 in the morning the lights were on, the place was clean, and I could hear someone vacuuming upstairs. Grandma had arrived. I also remember when Cherie was born. I remember you saying she was yours and I remember thinking that it was only fair that you get the next baby. I have always thought since then that Alaina was mine and Cherie was yours. Sorry Cindy, I guess that leaves you without a match. This was a beautiful post, I have shed a few tears. I think I will do something like this. As we have all been blogging, I have felt more connected than in a long time. You guys are my best friends too. thanks for reminding us of that Annie. Love, Ronda

Michael said...

Annie, that was really sweet. Thanks for making us all blog and be more connected. I've always felt like Alaina was Ronda's and I was yours too! You're the best. I miss you a lot and I'm glad the wait is over for me to be in my adult years and we can all finally be adults together. Love you!

Michael said...

ooops, I'm logged in as the other guy I work with, Michael. This is actually Cherie. I'll log in as myself now.

Cindy Feuz said...

I just never knew that you guys designated ownership over "the little girls" I just always thought that you both thought you were always in charge of everyone. Because I distinctly remember yelling at Ronda numerous times that she couldn't tell me what to do because she's not my Mom! And I always hid from Annie when she tried to make us clean the house when Mom was gone. You never knew I was hiding near the top of Paul's tree. And I would watch you look for me outside while I was trying not to laugh so you would never figure out my perfect hiding place.

Annie said...

That's funny Cindy. I never did know you were hiding. I wasn't that bad.... was I... I think you guys were just lazy... HA!

Ronda said...

ingenious, cindy, ingenious.

Rachel Freeman said...

Annie,
I found your blog from my little brothers blog. I loved seeing all the Blecher blogs. In fact, maybe I'll jump on the blooger band wagon. I am however, trying to get on to Ronda's. I'm not an invited reader yet!! Can you let her know I'm looking for her?
freeman-3@comcast.net

I will let you know when I have a blog. You have a beautiful family!!!

Rachel Freeman said...

Oh, It's Rachel Stotts Freeman.

Sarah Humble said...

What a wonderful blog about your sisters. I should do the same with mine. Reading that made me really appreciate them and I should probably do better about letting them know.

Kim said...

You are all so beautiful!!! I think the real credit goes to Mama Belcher;) I have gotten to meet her twice and I think you all are so lucky to have each other! PS. You all look a LOT alike!!!!

Annie said...

Thanks Kim. I think you are right about Mama, and we are VERY lucky to have eachother.

Alainarae said...

AAAWW! My blog feels so selfish now and all about me!! hahha.. That was such a nice tribute to all of us..It would make good obituaries..if I die, will you write mine?!?! You were too nice about me..you know I am not THAT nice to people!lol.. Love you!
see you soon!

Ronda said...

This is not really Ronda-it's Mom. I'm getting a swelled head from raising such a great gaggle of girls! I love you all.