I don't know why I'm still awake. I should be watching the back of my eyelids. Things have been very busy lately. The kids started school last week. HALLELUJAH!!! they are both having so much fun! Jacob is in Kindergarten, Lia Belle does two days a week preschool. She adjusted astonishingly well. I guess since she came with me all last year to take Jacob to pre-school, she has been waiting her turn. When I picked her up from her first day, i asked her how she liked it and she said, "Good. When do we do a program?" She just wants to be in a program. The other night at dinner she said, "Mom. I REALLY, REALLy like programs." I think I have a diva on my hands.
Now that we are getting into a school routine I am feeling much better, except for I had a few days of a fever and chills and stomachache last week. Now I'm just trying to get over the sinus headache! But, as far as feeling in control, I feel like Jacob and LIa Belle have calmed down and do so much better with a routine they can count on. I'm dreading Christmas break when that will be thrown off again.
So, when I was trying to fix Cherie's blog, I did something to my own and lost my cute background and now I can't figure out how to upgrade my template, to the new layout so I can add cute backgrounds. I think I'll just leave it for now, there is something to be said for the simple, uncluttered look.
Speaking of uncluttered, I bought a new vaccuum today cause our old one broke. I LOVE IT! I think I spent about two hours vaccuuming today, the floors, the couch, the blinds, the walls, the light fixtures, the stairs, the kitchen floor. I didn't get around to the van yet, that's tomorrow for sure! The kids had fun taking a turn too.
I have pictures of the first day of school, but I've been too tired to upload them and right now, I'm too tired and I don't know where the camera and USB cable are.
In other news, Jacob wanted to catcha bug for school, so we caught a grasshopper. He's been walking around talking about his "Pet" grasshopper. He makes sure to put grass in the jar every day, he takes the jar outside wiht him when he goes outside to play. I was so impressed with his attention to his "pet". Then, on Saturday we took the kids on a walk by the river. Chad found a little garden snake on the path and picked it up. He wanted to bring it home so Jacob could take it to school for show and tell. So we brought the snake home and I said, " I'll get a different jar ready so you don't put the snake in with the grasshopper, he might eat the grass hopper." Chad said, "Yeah, lets do that and watch!" I said you better ask Jacob. So, we asked our son, and he said, "O.k. Lets see what happens." TRAITOR! I was so shocked after his love and concern he was showing the grasshopper! Well, its Monday night and the grasshopper is still alive. I guess the snake is too little to eat the grass hopper. Chad has been putting dead spiders into the jar and snake seems to be eating them.
Phoebe is doing great! She is the best little baby and has the cutest laugh. She is 5 1/2 months old! And getting her first tooth. It is just now coming through! I hope I can keep nursing her. I wanted to nurse her for a whole year, but I'm not tough enough to face sharp little baby teeth cutting me every five hours. We'll see how it goes.
4 comments:
I can't believe you let him bring a snake home! Not in my house! I don't care what kind of snake it is! Yikes! That's funny though.
Annie, sorry it messed up your blog. That background stuff is crazy! But I do really like mine, so thanks! That's funny about the grasshopper. Hey! We just got a new vacuum too and I love mine! What kind is yours? Ours is a Dirt Devil, which normally isn't a good brand, but this model is great! It has a four year warranty, which is really good in a vacuum. The salesman said that he's sold 500-600 in the past couple years and he's never had one returned. Sorry I'm jammering on about vacuums, but I think they're exciting. tell me about yours!
she got a dyson, duh! Not like my little hoover and your little dirt devil! how else could a person vacuum the light fixtures! hahah
Umm, don't worry annie, she probably will only bite you once or twice while she's adjusting to her new fangs! It only hurts for a second, you may cry, but it still doesn't hurt as bad as being engorged! haha.. good luck! you have to nurse her longer than I nursed Milo! its your third kid, come on! LOL... no pressure! Besides, she is the nicest baby ever, she wouldn't dare bite the boobie that feeds her! k good nite!
Ha ha ha... one time I had a pet mouse and I wounldn't let my brothers play with it. So, they went out to the field behind our house and caught two of their own. But they bit and jumped REALLY high. My brothers figured out that if they wore ski gloves they wouldn't get bit, but then they couldn't get a tight grip on the tails. One of the mice wriggled free and ran down in to the walls (I don't even know how it squeezed in there) and that was the last we saw of it. They hurried and put the other one outside. My mom flipped but what can you do when the mouse is already free, right? :) Ahh... kids.
Post a Comment