Monday, December 01, 2008

Monsters Live in California

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. Lia Belle wouldn't eat her sweet potatoes, so I told her if she didn't eat them the sweet potato monster would come and take them from her. Elder Nordstrom said, "Where does the sweet potatoe monster live?" So we started musing about where monsters live. I said they live wherever the city in Monster's Inc. is. Conversation over. About an hour later as I was cleaning the kitchen, out of the blue Lia Belle comes up to me and says, "Mom, monsters live in California." Then she walked away. I guess she had been stewing over this puzzle for a while and decided that's where they live. Out of the mouths of babes.....

3 comments:

Belcheryl said...

Too true!!!

Alainarae said...

they live in California and she is thankful for karate!

Ronda said...

I still think you should stop manipulating your children by stories of monsters. You of all people who has been scarred by childhood insensitivities should know better than this.