Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chad's Marlin











Many of Chad's coworkers who are here are very nice and we've had a fun time getting to know them and making new friends. Chad went fishing the other day with some guys. He caught a big Marlin. Lia Belle wanted to see the pictures of daddy's big fish, so that is the real reason for this post. He caught at 90lb Marlin. He had a fun time fishing and almost fell victim to peer pressure when they tried to talk him into having the fish stuffed so it can hang on our wall. Chad knew better than to do that. I told him if he really wanted a fish stuffed and mounted on the wall that maybe grandpa Bill would give him his singing trout, "Take me to the river, throw me int he water"!
He did have the fish cleaned and prepared to cook. He asked the chef at the restaraunt to cook it up, which they did, then they served it at their restaruant for the rest of the day. It was good, and I don't even like fish that much.
In other news, Chad was sick yesterday, he was sick to his stomach and then had a fever. He spent most of the day in bed. He is feeling better today and we had a fun time in the sun. We miss the kids and were sad to hear that Jacob was sick today. Gammy and Alaina have it under control and I am so grateful to them. I just want to hug my baby boy right now!







3 comments:

Kim said...

WOW that is an amazing catch!!! Way to go Chad!!! Justin doesn't look at blogs much, but when I find something impressive I always show him and I will definitely show him this catch! I am so glad you are having a great time! Side note... Chad didn't get sick from eating his fish did he!?!? - haha I'm sure not, but it was just funny bc it went straight from eating the fish in the restaurant to Chad getting sick - anyways see you soon soak up some of that sun for me I really need it.

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yeah, good thing you didn't have it stuffed. It costs thousands of dollars. That's cool though. Eli got sick too while we were there. His was probably a lot messier than Chads. Call me when you get back!
Love you!
Cherie