Sunday, January 18, 2009

Viva Mexico

O.k. I know I said that I wasn't going to post for a while but I lied. We are aqui en San Jose del Cabo, or Los Cabos, or Cabo San Lucas... I'm not really sure where we are I've heard all of these names thrown about. Today was our first day here. The hotel that his company bookes is awesome. It's a resort really. The most wonderful thing about it, is this morning I got to wake up when I decided to wake up, not when the tyrants... I mean children.. say. We took a long walk on the beach and fought of the Mexican salesmen who tried to sell us cowboy hats, sombreros, braided bracelets, jewlry or rides in their boats. First we tried to tell them it sorry we didn't bring any money. Which was true, but I guess they didn't buy it. Then we told them, sorry, "It's Sunday, a Holy Day." That so confused them that they let us walk on by. I should try that tomorrow, "Sorry, today is Monday, a Holy Day." Anyhoo, the weather was cloudy and overcast and a little bit cool. I sat by the pool with the towel wrapped around me.
We have had fun getting to know some of Chad's coworkers and their wives. Chad is going fishing in the morning. He worries about leaving me alone for the morning, but I don't mind. I actually like having some time alone and it is not often that I am all alone, so I'll be fine. I don't have any pictures to post because we haven't taken one yet. I guess we don't know how to use a camera unless there is a child in front of it.
PS I talked to Alaina and the kids are doing fine. Phoebe slept for 12 hours straight last night! Something she has yet to do for me!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Way to go annie. Enjoy the quiet while you can and read, read, read. Also pedicures, manicures, massages, hiking, jogging, and swimming without worrying about somebody drowning are all recommended activities. Love, R

Corless Family said...

i agree with ronda. live like a queen! this trip will be so short! and get some pics!

Alainarae said...

Its good Phoebe is being good. Milo was good for you, right? I think its just because they know their mommy isn't around, so they decide to be good! Have fun!

all about the girls said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your recharge! Keep it up...enjoy every minute!