Friday, February 06, 2009

Moms and Dads

Jacob and Lia Belle were just deciding to play house. Jacob said he wanted to be the Mom because he ALWAYS is the dad, and wants to play something different. Lia Belle of course, was adamant that she be the mom and he be the dad. Jacob in his five year old wisdom tried to convince Lia Belle why it was better to be the dad.
Jacob - "Lia Belle, let's pretend that its Saturday. On Saturday, if your the dad, you get to play with your kids ALL DAY LONG! It's really fun! and the Mom, she has to cook food in the Kitchen, ALL DAY LONG! Don't you want to be the dady and play with your kids?"

I don't know if they ever decided who was who, they are now just running around in circles chasing eachother while pushing dolls in strollers.
I think he convinced me to be the dad on Saturdays though.

6 comments:

Ronda said...

he should be a lawyer. I am convinced too. I Quit!

Cindy Feuz said...

What a very observant boy! He speaks truth....

Cindy Feuz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
all about the girls said...

That is so cute! I love kids' observations of life!

Kim said...

Too cute, what a great story, I'm pretty sure my older brother and I probably had the same conversation:) I'm with Rhonda... I'm convinced and I quit too:)

Tillotson Family said...

I am laughing out loud here at the hospital & irritating my roommate because that was so funny to me! I vote that all moms get to be dads on Saturdays! Jacob is such a crack up. He seems to call it as he sees it.