Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bye Bye Balloons!


The Dollar store is a lifesaver! Today I went to costco to pick up some pictures. The kids had some change from their piggy banks that they wanted to buy something with so they bought a berry smoothy. ON the way out, the children's hospital was raising money they were selling cotton candy, popcorn or a balloon for a dollar a piece. So the kids each bought a balloon. Their first choice was the cotton candy but I warned them it would give them cavities. They were both happy with their orange balloons. After Costco I stopped by the primary presidents house to donate some toys to the nursery. This was truamatic enough because the kids couldn't wrap their minds around the fact that I was giving away some of their toys, even though they hadn't played with them in months. Well, while I had the back door of the van opened out slipped two pretty orange balloons flying happily to their freedom in the sky. If you had heard Jacob's cry you would have thought that he was being tortured! I felt badly that their balloons were gone so I took them to the dollar store to buy them another balloon. I also told them they could each pick out one toy. Lia Belle picked out a flowery, pink Happy Mother's day balloon, and Jacob picked out a balloon of a bee's face with sunglasses on and in the lenses of the glasses it say "Go Grad". I told them what the balloons said but they didnt' care. Lia Belle kept tellilng me how pretty her balloon was. I need to remember the joy of the dollar store for their rewards. THey think that place is awesome!
So, that's what happened to us today....


2 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

I love taking A.J. to the dollar store too, I always let him pick some things out too. He loves it too. Poor Jacob =(

Eliza said...

Cute story! My favorite part of the post, though, is how you ended it with, "So, that's what happened to us today..." Haha. Sometimes when I am describing our day to Matt after he gets home from work, I feel a tiny bit sheepish. Some of our "adventures" sound pretty silly. But they're still fun!