Saturday, November 07, 2009

Another Small Miracle

Wow! When you stop and look around you, you can find many miracles in a day. Like the Rising and setting of the sun. The bloom of a flower, or this little miracle that happened to me at bedtime.

Miracle number 1: I told the kids to go upstairs and put on their pajamas by themselves, and they did!

Miracle number 2: I was lying down on the couch resting after dinner and I told the kids it was time for them to go brush their teeth and then get in bed. AND THEY DID!!! They went right up the stairs, brushed their teeth and then go into their beds and went to SLEEP!!! No stories, no songs, no kisses and hugs.. (that's too bad for me, the kisses and hugs I miss.) Oh! and no fighting with eachother.


Oh, I forgot to mention I'm just talking about Jacob and Lia Belle, I had already put PHoebe to sleep an hour earlier. At which time she told me "thank you" as I was laying her down!

What are the chances that this will be our new routine? Slim to none, I'm guessing.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

any you have just witnessed a glimpse of the silver lining around the cloud of child raising. The first time I found out eden could bathe them and put them to bed was one of the best days of my life. The older the bigger kids get the easier it is to take care of the little kids, unless of course your littlest kid is Romey and then it doesn't get easier. :)