Saturday, the whole crew came, Cherie, Grandma and Grandpa Selander, Chad, dad and I were all here painting. Grandma Lynnette was awesome, she and I took down the soccer/baseball/basketball border that was in PHoebe's room. (That was a fun job, let me tell you!) But really, it went by pretty quickly with such nice company to talk to and joke around with. While Grandma and I were peeling off wallpaper, Cherie was painting the girls bathroom and my dad, Chad and Chad's dad were painting the living room and dining room. When they were done with that, the boys came upstairs and painted Lia Belle's room and helped finish the bathroom. Finally we finished stripping the wallpaper border and we got Phoebe's room painted too! WOW!! No Wonder I'm tired!!! Sunday, was a day of rest in our House that was all in shambles!! Today we cleaned up tape and touched up any areas that needed it, and put back the hardware that we took down. I don't have pictures of all the rooms, and I warn you there are a ton of them. Thank you to everyone who helped! Especially my dad! He taught me how to fish, you could say. Now I feel confident tackling the other rooms that I will want to paint in the near future. I'll post more before and after pictures after I finish getting things up on the walls and what not.
PHoebe's room before. I am so mad at myself for not getting a picture with the border on it! But you can see how boring it was.

Phoebe's room after. A beautiful green. Her room is so calm now. I LOVE IT!

PHoebe hanging out in her crib while we paint her room. She thought it was fun, except by this time she really needed us to get out of her room so she could have a nap.

Living room before.


LIving room after. The blue looks brighter in this picture than it is for real. I love the blue! It reminds me of skies and ocean.
Here is the number 1 funny thing Pappy said this weekend.
Me: Gee dad, since you've been here I've completely blown my diet! Thanks a lot!
Dad: Diet!? I thought this was a diet!

all the kids caged in.

The entry way before. Again, I didn't take the picture soon enough, but you can see the nice pinkish hue on the wall. It really made the gray/ green tile look bright green.
Entry way after. The color is from Restoration Hardware. I don't remember the name, but if you go into a store it is what is on the walls. I LOVE IT! and now we Have gray tile instead of green!








6 comments:
I feel like I cheated out of painting by watching kids as an excuse. But it was fun to be around and spend time with Dad and everybody. Today Lia Belle told me she wants A.J. to live with her. It was soo sweet.
By the way the house looks even better in real life!
I am so sad I missed the painting frenzy. It looks so amazing. I love LOVE the entry way color and how it all looks. I like how you can see the green in Phoebes room and look out and see the awesome entry way color. It looks like it is going to be a fabulous home for you all. I can't wait to come visit.
Love the entry color! Green is my favorite! Everything looks so pretty!
Beautiful! That made the big task of painting look really fun when you have a houseful of family to help! Wish I could have been there! I love all the colors. Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Looks fantastic!!! Wish I could've been there to help... I love all your colors, but then, your house was beautiful here, too, so I would expect nothing less!!!
Reading this post makes me grateful I am renting. I have an excuse not to paint. Looks great Annie! Super-motivated as always. Hopefully we will be home for a visit this summer and I can come see all the changes.
Post a Comment