Saturday, May 29, 2010

Third Child

My Third Child gets to see and do things I NEVER would have let my first child do. But, the first Child is doing these things now and I can't lock the third Child in her room forever. See my quandry? However the third child is saying some things that make me realize I need to do a better job at isolating her from the oldest childs entertainment options.

#1. The two year old hums Darth Vaders' song in the middle of church, baptisms, grocery stores.

#2. The two year old said out of the blue, in the car the other day, "MOM! Phineas and Ferb are Making a TITLE SEQUENCE!" Except she didn't really say title, I'm not what she said in place of title, but she got the rest of it right.

I never would have let Jacob watch Star Wars movies when he was two. And he certainly would not have seen Phineas and Ferb. I try to let Phoebe watch Your Baby Can REad as much as possible, but the older kids HATE it! Poor PHoebe has only seen a baby Einstein a handful of times, where as Jacob watched the Language Nursery over and over. My my, how I've changed.

3 comments:

emily j said...

I understand! Kate hums Star Wars music all the time too. And she loves to fight with light sabers. I try to get her to watch cute shows like Charlie and Lola or Elmo or something and all she wants is Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob. Help!

Alainarae said...

It looks like the baby Einsteins language nursery isn't what helped them learn to talk anyway, it was having two older siblings and your baby can read. I think Phoebe is so awesome. She cracks me up!

Cindy Feuz said...

she's too cute, too smart, and too funny! Love her!