We have been thinking about and researching puppies for a few months now. I ALMOST bought one on Monday, but I restrained myself since Chad was not around to be part of the decision. AND I know, practically speaking, a dog should not be an impulse purchase. Though, after months of thinking, learning and investigating you wouldn't think that ACTUALLY purchasing one would be considered impulse. But, that is how it goes in our family. Thanks to my wonderful and thoughtful husband who has taught me the value of reasoned and rational purchasing.
Anywhoo-- because of the almost purchase the kids and I have been talking a lot about dogs. What kind? What color? How big? Boy or girl? This last question is the biggy.
I don't really care if it is a boy or girl dog, but MY boy and girl have big opinions on that matter. Jacob of course truly, deeply wants a boy puppy. Because, he "is the only boy in the house and it just wouldn't be fair if it was a girl."
Lia Belle and Phoebe really want a girl, for no better reason than they are girls and therefore the dog should be as well.
Jacob stated how much he wanted a boy yesterday at breakfast.
Me: So, did you all like that dog we saw at the pet store on Monday?
Jacob: Was it a boy or girl?
Me: I think it was a girl.
Jacob: Well, I want a boy. No matter if it is a baby brother, a puppy, or a robot, I want a boy and it should be a boy because I'm the only boy and I need another boy in the family.
Me: Robot????
I think he might have a good idea a robot baby, or a robot dog would be much easier to take care of. Change the batteries once in a while. No messes to clean up, no potty training, turn them off at night and get a good nights sleep. I think I'm all for a robot dog.
Phoebe on the other hand wants a baby sibling. We were at the store the other day and she saw a woman pushing a baby in the cart.
Phoebe: " Aahhhh! Mom! I like that cute baby!"
Me: Yes, he is very cute.
Phoebe: Momm!!!! Buy me a baby brother!!! ( in a very LOUD voice)
Me: Hmmmm, they don't sell baby brothers at this store.
Phoebe: MMMMOOOOOMMMMMM! I WANT YOU TO BUY ME A BABY BROTHER!
Me: (trying not to laugh too loudly) Pheebs, it doesn't work that way, you can't buy one.
PHoebe: MMOOOOMMMM BUY ME A BABY BRO- Wait, I want a SISTER! MOM BUY ME A BABY SISTER!!!!
She finally gave up when she notice a tall scary looking halloween statue of a mummy or something. In mid wail she said: I WANT A BABY SIS- OOOOOHHHH ! THat guy is scary! Mom That GUY IS SCARY!!
Phoebe! She had all the shoppers at Home Goods laughing!
By the by, fyi, no baby siblings to announce. Just my kids wishfull thinking.
5 comments:
That made me laugh! Too funny! I like the idea of a robot dog too.
we tried a robot dog, two christmases ago. They kept losing the bone that made it do all of the tricks. The bark was super annoying too. When the batteries finally died, I never replaced them. Ever still keeps barky on her shelf though.
Oh my goodness! Phoebe is the funniest kid! I miss her... I hope that Jacob gets his way...I hope you get a boy dog and a boy baby brother
:)
Just ask my Dad - EVERY single dog we've had was an impulse! LOL. I don't think he was there for ANY of the dogs we picked out! :) It makes for great stories now!!!
(Then there was a time he said we could get dog as long as it was a boy. Yet, we ended up home with a girl dog. My mom claims the lady switched the dog we picked out with a girl one.)
Your kids are stinkin hilarious!! I love this!!!
Post a Comment