Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, don't poke me!

We somehow managed to find a christmas trees whose needles feel like, well, needles! OUCH! They are pokey! However, it works well to keep the ornaments on the tree. Any child will try once to get an ornament and then OUCH! Prick their finger and fall into a deep sleep, only to be awakened by a kiss under the mistletoe!

I was very sad that this year we couldn't go on the annual Christmas Tree Train ride in Yacolt, WA. It was such a beautiful ride through the country side. Well here in Utah, the Country side is not so beautiful, unless you like the desert. We could have searched out a permit to go cut down a tree in the Mountains, but that was too much work with little children. Maybe when they are older. I did manage to find a Christmas Tree farm in Lehi. That was a good compromise. I was expecting a farm that maybe was a little bit separated from the suburbs. That was not the case. It was in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. A ten acre tree farm. Very strange to me. I guess, it was a remnant of the past. A family had owned the farm for generations and held onto it while homes grew up all around it. Aaaahhhh... I do miss the real farms though.








At least in this picture it looks like we are out in the wilderness.







The kids had fun searching for the perfect tree.
PHoebe got tired of the "Mama-razi"




It ended up being a kind of funny, lopsided looking tree, but we love it anyway.

3 comments:

Ronda said...

so cute, and I love the picture at the top of the blog. You are getting good with your picture taking skills. I will need to be taught some day.

Eliza said...

"Any child will try once to get an ornament and then OUCH! Prick their finger and fall into a deep sleep, only to be awakened by a kiss under the mistletoe!"

That made me laugh out loud. :D

Ashley said...

haha Phoebe is already getting sick of the spot light huh? Geesh Mom - get out of her face with that bright camera!