Friday, January 28, 2011

A Rose by any other name....

certainly wouldn't smell the same if Phoebe is around to judge. This kid is cracking me up with her super sonic sense of smell.The other morning as I was buckling her up in her car seat she makes a big deal of "sniffing" Then she says: "Mommy! You have green smoothie breath!"
Granted, I normally do have green smoothie breath, but at that moment I had not yet consumed a green smoothie since brushing my teeth. I told her I did not and she argued with me for a few minutes until I promised to chew some gum.

Later, that night, as I was tucking her in bed, she sniffs and says. "MOMMYYY!!! You need to brush your teeth!" Well.... I had JUST brushed my teeth!

I guess I need to get some better smelling toothpaste. Crest just isn't cutting it.

(I'm pretty sure I don't suffer from halitosis, but if I truly do, would one of my sisters please tell me in private?)

Phoebe also loves to comment on any smell she senses while driving in the car. Usually she tells me I'm stinky, if she smells something from outside the car.

So if you are around me, and I have a strong aroma of perfume it is because I am trying to please a two year old's sensitive little nose.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie, I will tell you publicly that I have never noticed any foul smell from your breath. But, then again, I'm not around you early in the morning very often. But, really, your crest is working just fine!

Kristi said...

Hahahahahaha! That's hilarious! Tyler told me my car stinks and I told him it was the bag of corn nuts that Tori spilled. He looked at me and said, "Yeah, sure, Mom."

Ashley said...

Question is, does Phoebe only comment on the stinkiness towards you? Does Chad get told he smells bad too?

Annie said...

oh Yeah... she totally tells Chad he's stinky all the time. She told him yesterday he had stinky breath... she is like our own little hound dog!