Saturday, June 04, 2011

Summer Road Trip

I don't know who is more excite, me or the kids! Their last day was yesterday. They had a fun field day. All week they were doing fun little competitions. Jacob came in second in the 50 yard dash for the first graders. He got his first ribbon for a race. I was sooooo proud!

Today I am furiously doing laundry and trying to prepare for our road trip to the heartland! Over the river and through the woods. . . . Yes we are making our annual pilgramage to Gammy's house. We will be there for 3 weeks. Poor Chad has to stay at home and work. :( But he will come see us over Father's Day weekend.
We are looking forward to warm weather. (It is already 90 degrees there!) This spring in Salt Lake has been dragging on FOREVER! I think one or two ski resorts are still open for skiing! CRAZY! So we are ready for summer. I like to go to my mom's and hopefully let the kids experience the kind of summers I had as a kid. Playing in the yard, going swimming, walks to the creek and exploring all around. Oh and of course, staying up late to catch lightening bugs in a jar!
Now, to figure out what to pack? That's easy for the kids, but not so much for me. By the last week I'll probably be needing to wear different clothes than I do now. Three weeks make a big difference in the second trimester. I guess I'll just have to settle for doing some shopping as needed. :)


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wait a second Annie! Did I miss something? Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you guys! Have fun on your trip, it sounds like it will be a fun one.

Annie said...

Elizabeth, Didn't you get my text on Mother's Day? I guess not... sorry. I'm not the best at these group text messages. I am 17 weeks, due November 12th.

emily j said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I didn't know you were expecting! So we will be getting to town around the time you get back - that will be perfect! I hope we can meet up. Have a great trip!