Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's great to be me!

Hmm.. Thought that title might grab attention. Actually, I do enjoy being me, I feel blessed. But that title is about my kids. Lia Belle asked Chad a question the other day that made us start remembering some funny things she has said. She said to Chad, "Daddy, what's it like to be you?" a very thoughtful question for a five/ almost six year old. Chad told her how great it was to be a daddy, but also that it is sometimes hard to have to worry about his kids and his job. She listened very intently. This reminded us how a few months ago she said, "Daddy, Don't you wish you were me?" Chad told her "No." and she was totally shocked that he didn't want to be the amazing, wonderful Lia Belle. He told her he liked being a daddy to her, but she thought it was better to be her. And last year, she sat in Grandma's car and sang a little song she made up, "I am so glad I'm a GIRRRRLLLL!!! So GLAD I'm a GIRLLLL!!!!!" Then she said, "Jacob, don't you wish you were a girl?" We are happy that he said a resounding "NO!"

I took Jacob and Phoebe with me to the OB this week. They really wanted to hear the heartbeat. So while we were waiting for the dr. Jacob saw the poster on the wall that showed the fetus' growth in the womb. He was looking at it then asked, "Mom, does it hurt when the baby come's out?" I said, "Well, yes it does. Because the muscles contract to help push the baby out." He looked a little worried, so I added, "But, it didn't hurt me for long, because I asked the Dr. for medicine that made me not feel it." Then he shook his head and said, "Whew! I'm so glad I'm a boy!" This made me laugh so hard! I am glad you are a boy too!

Then the nurse came to tell me my Dr. was going to be late since she was called to deliver a baby. I said it was ok if the other dr. came in. So a new Dr. Comes in and looks at the kids and says, "So you already have a son and a daughter?" Phoebe picked up that we were talking about her being a daughter. She pipes up and defiantly says, "I am NOT a daughter! I am a KID!" I tried to explain to her that she WAS in fact my daughter. But she insisted she was not a DAUGHTER, but just a KID! She was so offended! It made me laugh so hard!

I am grateful my kids are happy with who they are, Girls, Boys, and Kids. I hope they can continue through out their lives to be happy they are who they are, that they are content with the blessings given to them and not covetous of others. If they can keep that perspective on life then they will be quite happy and joyful people!

1 comment:

Alainarae said...

That is so cute. Milo is always insisting that he's "not silly, or funny, or cute, he's just a boy!" Whatever I call him, he has to say, "I'm just a boy, mom!" I love it!

I miss your lot :)