Sunday, August 21, 2011

Washington DC

Last weekend Chad and I took an impromptu trip to DC. We had been wanting go there for a while to visit Chad's brother. Last weekend was the perfect timing. Matt and Eliza were blessing their sweet little baby at Church, and everything fell into place at home so we could go. Sadly, I didn't manage to take any pictures on Sunday when we spent the whole day with Matt and Eliza and their kids. :( What was I thinking? Mon., Tue, and Wed. Chad and spent sightseeing. I must say, I was pretty tired by the time we got on the plane to come home. I feel like we walked and walked and walked....We visited museums, and monuments, cemeteries and temples. We were really impressed with all the monuments and reminders all over DC of the sacrifice of the millions of American's who fought in wars through out the years to preserve freedom. More than once I found myself emotional while pondering different monuments. Arlington Cemetery was very emotional to me. I am so grateful to my grandfathers who fought for freedom. Lucky for me, they came home to tell the tale. So many never came home. I hope we can go back to DC in the future and spend more time and see the many other things we didn't have time for.





1 comment:

Cindy Feuz said...

Good pictures! I want to see more!
I love D.C. too.