Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Be Pretty Like Phoebe

Today was school picture day. I took Phoebe in to have her picture taken like the big kids. She got all dressed up with a pretty blouse and a pretty pink skirt with flowers on it. I curled her hair and put a pink bow in it, just like she likes it. She even got out her sisters pretty pink lip gloss and carefully applied it before heading out the door. I told her all the way there how pretty she looked and that she just had to look at the camera, not be shy and smile. She did so good! We were out of there in five minutes since she cooperated so nicely. Afterwards we made a stop at Costco. As we were walking in we had the following conversations.
Me: "Phoebe, you just look so pretty!"
P: "Mom, you could look pretty like me if you want."
Me: "Really, what do you mean?"
P: "Well, you could be pretty too."
Me:"Hmm. HOw can I be pretty like you."
P: "Well, you could wear a white shirt with a pink ribbon on it and a pink skirt."
Me: "Well, I don't have a pink skirt."
P: "Or you could wear a dress with flowers on it. Then you could be pretty too."
Me: "O.k.. thanks, Pheebs, I'll have to shop for a pretty, pink, flowery dress."

That kid cracks me up! She was so pleased with how pretty she looked. Then to top it off, about 6 different people stopped and told her she looked so pretty, fancy or cute.

1 comment:

Cindy Feuz said...

aww that's cute. I remember when she used to say when she was getting dressed that she hoped I would say how cute she looks or that AJ would say how pretty her hair is! Can't wait to see her pictures.