I went to the Dr. today. My Nurse Midwife did an exam and gave me no information. I was a little emotional, having to go through the discomfort of the exam and not get any news at all. Apparently the baby has shifted position and was not pressing on the cervix making the cervix unreachable. So I have no idea if I have dilated any more than last week. She wasn't even able to sweep the membranes again. All this time I have been counting on having the baby one week early, which would be today, Thursday March 27th. I guess there is still hope. I see that I have mentally set myself up for disappointment. I have mentally prepared myself to endure 39 weeks, not 40! I am now scheduled to be induced on April 2nd. I hope that it doesn't come to that. I really do not want an induction, its always better to go into labor spontaneously.
That's where I am at. I will try to be tough and pretend I am on the last mile of a marathon, which seems longer than all the other miles put together.
4 comments:
Okay, I was just blog surfing and it looks like I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep tonight! I'm so sorry you haven't had her yet! There is still hope for today....I know how much it sucks to expect to have the baby early and then still be pregnant--hang in there!
Becky,
You know that better than anyone! Compared to your ordeal I have nothing to complain about!
Oh Annie, I'm so sorry! That must be so frustrating to not get an update on how things are progressing. I think about you every day wondering if you've had the baby or not. I'm so jealous that you are almost done. I have 3 more weeks of this misery! I'm not dilated AT ALL but 75% effaced. At least you know something is happening down there! Just try to stay busy and hope that the days pass quickly. :-)
Well, at least you still look great. My face swells up along with my butt and legs and every other part of my body. I am sooo excited for you to have this baby. I have been waiting for the phone call everyday. You're almost there. Your kids looked so cute on Easter. I love to see them growing up. Erik and I need to come and visit you guys in Washington this year. Maybe in September when he is done with school. Hope you call me tomorrow from the hospital :)
Post a Comment