Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apple of My Eye










Today, Alaina and I took the kids to Hood River, OR to pick apples on the "Fruit Loop". The Fruit Looop is a 35mile stretch of road with lots of farms and orchards along the way. We stopped at the "Draper Girls Farm". We picked a bucket of apples and hopefully this week I will have a fresh batch of apple butter and applesauce, apple dumplings, apple pie...apple cake, apple cider... what else can you make out of apples.. I LOVE Apples! I have a few pictures from my camera of us picking flowers. Unfortunately, we tooke pictures of the apples on alaina's camera and I couldn't get them downloaded. So here are a few pictures from the lovely day, alas, the apple pictures will come later. I love the picture of the barn, it looks like it's seen better days. It looksl ike a breeze would knock it over. It was a lovely day! We missed Chad though. He is in Alaska this week investigating Sarah Palin.... just joking, he's just working up there.




4 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

I love apple season too! Cute pics.
Tell Chad to check out the road to Nowhere in Alaska.

Beth Hollenbeck said...

Isn't Fall the best time of year! Our apple trips start in 2 weeks up in the mountains of North Carolina. I just love getting to see all of the fun things you do with your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

I would trust no one but Chad to bring to light things about our politician's histories.

Ronda said...

the first picture of alaina bending over in the field is so much like me I showed it to shane and he couldn't tell it was alaina. He thought it was me. Sisters are scary on so many different levels.