Monday, September 01, 2008

Camping at the Ape Caves

This picture is of Roland demonstrating how a camp shovel can be used as a good prop for relieving ones' self while in the woods. Next is Alaina, Roland and Milo in the cave. It is a constant 42degrees in the cave year round, so we had to dress warmly.


Here is Milo recieving an early birthday present from the Selander kids. Next is Me and Phoebe. I am wearing her in a sling with my jacket wrapped around her. I love her little pilot cap. Oh, and remember, this was Saturday after a night of sleeping in a tent, no showers and no mirrors.

Here I am with my kiddies. Contrary to the look on Jacob's face, he really did have fun in the cave. He especially loved the flashlights.


This was Phoebe's second camping trip. She loved being warm and cozy in all the sleeping bags. And she liked hanging out in the pack-n-play. She definitely had the most comfy and clean place to sleep.


You can't camp without roasting some hotdogs! Chad's favorite part of the trip was sitting here with his two little girls snuggling on his lap.




All in all we had a good time. We were tired when we got home on Saturday afternoon. I wish we could have camped longer, but one night is enough with three small children and a leaky airmattress. I was just talking to my friend Marne today and remembering our fun filled camping trip nine years ago this weekend to Mt. Rushmore. I have certainly progressed in my camping preparation and skills. At least this time I brought a mummy bag, no "really big blankets".. fun times... fum times... can't wait to see you Marne!

4 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

That looks like fun. We were going to go camping too. But we had guests. So we are planning on this weekend. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I love those pictures Annie. I wish we could have come too!

The Egg Basket said...

We can't wait to see you too! Oct will come, but not soon enough.

all about the girls said...

We were camped not that far from you! What lovely weather for camping, wasn't it!