Today when I picked Jacob up from Kindergarten his teacher told me that they had a discussion on elections and politics. Then they had a mock election and Jacob was voted president of his Kindergarten class! I thought that was so funny!
I asked Jacob for more details and all he said was, "I don't know." Or " I don't remember". By about 5pm I finally got it out of him that the kids coud vote for him or a girl named Danielle and some other kid that he couldn't remember his name. I can never get him to tell me anything about Kindergarten. Is this normal of 5 year olds? He only tells me when he gets to be the leader for the day. He loves kindergarten and is happy and excited everyday, but he gets embarrassed or shy when I start asking too many questions. If you have a kindergartener, please tell me if this is a sign that my kid is slow or if the teachers are bad, or if this is normal behavior. Maybe he just needs more time to process all the information and conversations that happen at school before he can regurgitate it back to me?
what do you think?
5 comments:
I think that it just depends on the kid....Ana is very much that way----she tells the names of her friends & who got to be the helping hand for the day, but she doesn't go into great length about it....that is unless she wants to. More than likely if Jacob decides it is important enough to discuss he will tell you. I think it would be a much worse sign if he talked about how much he hates it....Your a good mommy Annie & anyway who can really understand any man?
Thanks Cheryl. You are right no man is understood, even the little ones. We did finally get him tonight to sing some of the songs for us that he learns at pre-school. Cheryl, we are missing a word to the "Lord's ARmy" song I was hoping you could fill in. .
I may never march in the infantry,
ride in the calvary,
shoot the.......
I may never fly through the enemy, but I'm in the Lord's army. Yes sir.
what is that word. I can't for the life of me think what it is?
It's perfectly normal. Quincey is the only kid that has told me anything about pre-school or kindergarten and she tells us word for word from the whole day. Eden would just say nothing, or we went to recess. I'll give jacob my vote any day over the two choices we have now.
Oh Annibelle... you are such a mom.
My mom told me that when my brothers were younger she could never get them to talk about their days. As they got older she found that if she could get them to run erronds with her IN THE CAR that they would start opening up. So from time to time she would take them out to drive around and catch up on what they were doing and how things were going.
Don't know if that helps. But this might. I do believe the word you are looking for is "artillery"... "Shoot the artillery".
Later. (Cute pictures by the way!)
That's it! I've been lookin for that word! Shoot the Artillerary
!
Post a Comment