Tonight I'm still up because Lia Belle has had a hard time going to sleep. She came in to my bed and asked if "quiet time" was over around 10:30pm. She stayed with me for a while then I had to put her in her bed where she started crying, then Phoebe woke up and she finally went back to sleep, so I'm still awake.
I was just looking back at Lia Belle's pictures from last year. I sometimes forget that she is only three. Where did the time go? In some respects I feel like she has always been three? In fact, when she was two, I would sometimes think she was three. She's been talking in sentences since she was 14months old. Her first sentence being "NNNNIIII, don't want to". On Halloween of 2005. She's been trying to keep up with Jacob since she was born. Anything he does she wants to do, therefore she does things much earlier than when he did them. Last month Jacob started showering, so of course she has to do it to. She insists on buckling up by herself, putting her shoes on by herself, dressing herself, brushing her teeth and putting the toothpaste on it by herself. She cuts, colors, even can swing by herself, which she started doing summer 07. I'm not just bragging about my daughter. My point is that because of all her independence and early talking, I find myself forgetting that she is younger than she sounds or acts. Then when she does act her age I find myself being annoyed and short, when I need to be understanding and have appropriate expectations. She is such a joy and I am so grateful for her. She is my little girly girl. She likes to have her done, wear dresses, polish her nails, play dolls , carry purses and help me with Phoebe. Today she was so sweet and said out of the blue, "Hey mom, I'm really glad that Phoebe came out of your tummy. I'm glad I have a sister." How sweet is that?! I wish my Little Belle would stay little longer and I am sad that I let myself forget that when she was two, she was still a baby and not a big kid like Jacob. I am pledging myself from this time forward to remember that she is still just three, and not five, like she would have me believe.
6 comments:
Annie- I think that is a good vow for all of us with younguns.
she is too sweet! I can't wait to see you and the girlies this week!
Ahhh what a cutie, Sometimes I feel like A.J. acts older too, then I remind myself he is only 2.
That is sooo cute what she said
What a sweet post about Liabelle - she has always seemed so much older - I'll have to remember that with Navie bc I'm sure she will want to keep up with Bronx like Liabelle did Jacob! She is such a cute little sweetie and I'm glad she is a good friend to Bronx, just last night he told me he wanted to go back to Liabelle's house. (I think secretly it had something to do with tinkerbell wings:))
That is such a sweet post! I find myself thinking the same thing about Grace. She has always tried to keep up with Kaylee, does everything she does, speaks so well and she is so tall that I have trouble remembering she is only 3! I get frustrated when she acts her age, too! Thanks for the sweet post to make me remember to value the 3 year old perspective of life!
Amen sister!
Post a Comment