Tuesday, October 07, 2008

There's no Place Like Home...











This last weekend Phoebe had her first trip to Kearney, MO. She and I flew solo (or duo rather). Chad stayed home with the other two munchkins. They had a blast playing with Daddy for five days, and Phoebe and I had a good time enjoying the beautiful, sunny, fall weather in MO. The main purpose of my trip was to visit Grandma and Grandpa Belcher. Grandma is not doing to well. I felt so grateful to spend some time with them and serve them a little. I wish I lived closer to them so that I could help care for them daily. I know that Grandma would do that for me if I needed it and I wish dearly I could do it for her. However, Phoebe did a lot to lift her spirits and make her smile.
Phoebe also had fun getting to know her beautiful cousins. My brothers girls loved her Nikki and Eva were so cute and sweet. I enjoyed getting to spend some time with them without my own kids around. Although I know Jacob and Lia Belle would have loved to play with them, without my own kids there I was able to pay more attention to them and be auntie. Quincey really loved PHoebe and wanted to "babysit" her as much as she could. I was so grateful to be able to spend time with Ronda and her family. I miss all my nieces and nephews. And my brother and Sisters and their families.
On the way home PHoebe had quite a fun time on the airplane. Firs off, she had to go to security. She passed through fine. Then when we got on the plane, the flight attendant was quite taken with PHoebe and asked to hold her and take her to the Pilot to see. Phoebe really liked the cockpit. The flight attendant let Phoebe help her give instructions to the plane. She picked up the microphone and said, "Welcome to southwest Airlines. This is baby Phoebe! Isn't she so Cute?!" It was so cute and funny. PHoebe just smiled and giggled at any one who caught her eye. the man who sat beside us on the flight was so kind to me. He helped me put my diaper bag away in the overhead, then he got it down for me when I needed it. He picked up anything Phoebe dropped. He held her, so I could use the Loo. He played with her, let her hold his finger and pull on his clothes. He talked to me about babies and nursing, and teaching children, and temper tantrums the ENTIRE four hours from KC to Portland. He was such a nice man from Polo, MO with a fifteen year old of his own. At the end of the flight, I thanked him for his help and kindness. I told him I am always nervous to fly with babies, and I pray that I will sit next to someone like him and I pray that my baby will be good. He told me that even if she had cried the whole way, he would have helped me figure out a way to calm her down, and I believe he would have! All in all, it was THE BEST flight I have ever had with children, and trust me, I've had a few. In answer to Jack Johnson's question "where've all the good people gone?" the answer is " they are on Southwest Airlines flight 1019.

5 comments:

Jill said...

ANNIE ANNIE ANNIE!!! Yay! I'm so glad you found me. What a cute stinkin' family! You guys are in Washington? I used to live in Richland. Tell Chad hi for me! Let's keep in touch and be e-pals!

Cindy Feuz said...

That is tooo cute! Phoebe on the plane! She is adorable! I love it!

Alainarae said...

Phoebe is toooo cute for words! Of course she got to go see the Pilot! NO fair! Roland got to see the pilot when he was a cute baby. But Milo never did, in all of our travels this summer. :( oh well! They don't all have her personality! Glad you're back!

all about the girls said...

Of course everyone loved her... how could they not? She is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you had a great trip...glad Chad survived the munchkins without you so you could enjoy!

Unknown said...

Man! That's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I love that baby! I wish I could have been home last weekend too. Sounds like you had a good time. And that was genius with the new cleaning technique. Cute stuff!