Monday, December 15, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka

























































































































On Sunday Dec.7, Chad, the kids and I boarded a plane for Maui, HI. Chad needed to go to attend a Medical conference for work to sell his wares. So, the kids and I tagged along to help him out. We stayed for a week and had a wonderful, wonderful, sunny time. I'm excited because I think Jacob is now of the age that he will remember this trip. Phoebe was such a good baby, she sat in her stroller about 90% of the time without letting out a word of discontent. she hardly had any naps, and idn't complain about that either. One mishap, is that on Thursday night, Lia Belle, woke up screaming about an earache. So, on Friday am i took her to the Pediatrician and she did have an ear infection, which antibiotics helped clear up fairly quickly. She recuperated on a beach chair. I am so grateful for Chad's job. I LOVE Hawaii! I am so grateful I went to school there my sophomore year, when I think about the place, my heart aches to be there and smell the ocean, feel the breeze and see the bright blue of the sky and ocean and the bright greens of the trees and plants. Hawaii is really a feast for the senses like no other place I've known. I'm trying to talk Chad into figuring out a way to move there, but I guess that really is not practical. I hope that when we are in retirement we can buy a condo there and spend every February in Hawaii. Sorry for the long line of pictures. I really need to figure out how that photobucket works.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie, I didn't even know you guys went to Hawaii. I'm jealous, it looks so awesome! Those pictures are really cute. How many times in Hawaii does that make? I've lost count on how many times you've gone. What's the story behind new stroganoff clothes? I love stroganoff.

Corless Family said...

my husband is trying to convince himself that our backyard looks better than HI. I know better.
Looks like you had a great time!

Cindy Feuz said...

I loved all those pictures! They are soo cute!

all about the girls said...

Looks like you had a great time! It's beautiful and the pictures all look gorgeous and fun! Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

I was wondering where you were:) That looks like so much fun! I am excited for Jacob to be able to remember this trip, it makes everything a little more fun knowing he will remember. I can't believe Pheobe was sooo good for you, what a little sweetie she is! Have a great Christmas!

Belcheryl said...

You guys look great...It is so nice that you get to enjoy this as a family....

Beth Hollenbeck said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing trip! I haven't been to Hawaii since 1994. I hope someday to take my family to see the beauty. I am glad you had the opportunity to do so. I enjoyed your Christmas card and loved that you had 4 pictures on it! Thank you for sending us one. Merry Christmas...

Beth

chelseareeve said...

Unreal. About 5 years ago, I spent my Christmas in Hawaii..it is an amazing place to vacation. LOVED it. Those pictures brought back memories.

Melanie Engen said...

So jealous. I love Hawaii too! Who doesn't. Too bad I am stuck at home under 2 feet of snow. Hope you guys had a great Christmas.