O.k. Melinda wants to know my quirks. She tagged me. Lets see if I can come up with 10 of them like she did. (Melinda, you are very quirky, by the way:) )
1. I have to sleep in complete darkness, this usually means I have to wear a sleep mask.
2. I also have to sleep with white noise, like a fan. Chad bought me a noise machine two years ago for Christmas, but Jacob has taken it over. I guess he inherited my quirk.
3. Chad says I exaggerate, but I disagree, I never exaggerate.
4. I can't stand Mustard on anything.
5. I never liked ketchup until I was 22 years old. As a kid, my siblings hated going to McDonald's with me because we always had to wait for my "plain" cheeseburger. (I still don't like Mustard, though)
6. I get really annoyed when I am singing a song in the car and my kids interrupt me, I have to start over and sing the song from the beginning to the end. Sometimes this takes a while because my kids ALWAYS interrupt me. (See number 3).
7. I really like to be organized. except I am not organized, and it drives me nuts, because I try really hard to be, but I just can't seem to get there.
8. All the beds in the house must be made every morning. I can't stand walking into a room and the bed not made. (Thanks to Grandma Tena's training.) I don't care if the floor is littered with clothes and trash, as long as the bed is made I can breathe easy.
9. I like to experiment a little in the kitchen. I make a great mac and faux cheese out of pureed white beans and whole wheat macaroni. Also, chocolate chip cookies with pureed beans. Many soups and casseroles out of whatever. Since we were gone last week, today we had pantry stuff and I am strangely excited about seeing what I can feed my family based around pantry items and food storage. I like to see how long I can go before I have to go to the store. tonight we had vegetarian chili with beans I cooked myself, tvp, and rice, frozen corn thrown in. Then for dessert, rice pudding butterscotch flavor from the leftover butterscoth chips used at thanksgiving.
10. I love Costco! When I go usually once a month for diapers. I can't just go in and get just what I need. I have to walk up and down every isle to see what they have that's new or different. Every body does that though, right?
I guess I'm not very quirky. I'm fairly normal and boring. I tag Alaina and Cherie because I know Alaina is quirky and because Cherie needs to write on her blog more. (and she's quirky.)
5 comments:
I thought you were much more quirky than that. I am sure life is a bit easier since your not so quirky. I should adopt that way of life. But then I guess I would not be me. Oh-well. Your house looks great. SOOO cute. I just have to laugh at little Phoebe and her hair. She has more hair in that one dark spot than my kids had on their whole head for the first 2 years of life. What darling kids you have. I see the Christmas card did not go so well. Lets just say neither did mine. Merry Christmas.
I need your address. I would love to send you a Christmas card. Just send me your info.
I'm not that quirky. apparantly you are, though! I might do this later during Milo's nap.
I love Costco too, sadly enough the closest one to us is over 30 miles away so I have had to settle for Sam's Club (a poor substitute.) AND I also detest mustard and STILL don't like ketchup. I never understood why the people at McDonalds assumed everyone wanted ketchup - it got annoying always having to wait...
Will you guys be in utah at Christmastime? It would be fun to see you!
I know you never exaggerate Annie. And I never skip reading for my classes. The reasons I don't blog are three fold: 1) I feel that my blog is lame because I don't have any cute kid pictures or kid stories, 2) We don't have the internet at our house and 3) all we do is school and work, so there's not much exciting going on. But I will try to step it up, for you. And because you tagged me.
Post a Comment