I have a lot of pictures to post, but I haven't downloaded them yet, so they might be a hewhile coming. I have pictures of Jacob in his starring role as 'THE Rock Star" in his Christmas Program. Also pictues of the awesome snow we've had lately. So nice to have snow and not rain!
But I wanted to share with you the poem I wrote that I gave to all my friends and neighbors. Ronda told me it was pretty clever. So if I have the nod from Ronda I can safely post it. (Chad also told me it was "genius".) I so rarely come up with something so clever, so I thought I'd toot my own horn and share. This is what you would have recieived from me if you lived her.
Twas the week before Christmas
When all through the house
I was scurrying around
As fast as a mouse!
Shopping, and wrapping and
Decking the tree
While feeding and caring for kids,
I’ve got three!
While Ice and snow
Fall all around town
Two ear infections
Also slow me down!
All this time I think
Of my friends so dear.
What can I do
To show them I care?
Homemade cookies or candy
Just ain’t gonna happen,
As soon as I start
The baby quits nappin’!
So here’s something “Extra”
To show you I care.
This is all I could manage
To muster this year!
THen I would have attached a package of "EXTRA" Gum to the letter. It turned out pretty cute. Save this is in your head for next year when you're running low on time and energy. Besides, everyone gets cookied out. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. I miss all my sisters, brother, parents, grandparents aunts and Uncles. I wish my kids could have the same kind of Christmases that I remember, surrounded by cool aunts and uncles. Grandparents that show much love. My kids see their family throughout the year, but rarely at Christmas. Last year was awesome with Mom and Dad at our house. I hope we can do that again soon.
6 comments:
Merry Christmas to you guys too!! We let the kiddo's open the Domino set you gave them & they love it; thank you so much for it. I hope you got the board game--Ronda said her girls really enjoy it...If you already have it, I will exchange it for you...Have a great day & God Bless you all...
Cheryl Lynn AKA Tiny Tim
Way to go annie you are a modern day doctor seuss.
that was very good annie! I'm glad we got to see you today! Have fun in Utah!
I thought it was sooo cute!! I finally got around to making stuff to deliver and the weather got stinko. So, today I tried again, and I went down one neighborhood street and decided no way! Maybe tomorrow....
Annie, thanks for looking at my blog. It is always fun to just keep in touch. I love it. The turtles are soooo easy. You take walnut halves and on wax paper, place 2 or 3 walnut halves together. In a pan, put one bag of kraft caramels, one cube of butter (or margarine)and one can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. Stir it constantly on a medium heat. You don't want it to burn so make sure and stir it constantly. Once it is all melted together, with a spoon, drizzle enough caramel on each bundle of 2 or 3 nuts. After you have coated all the nuts, take some milk chocolate and melt it in the microwave and drizzle it over each nut/caramel bundle. (I use Merkens chocolate. You have to buy it at a chocolate store usually. It is the best tasting chocolate.) It is really easy to make them. You will love it. Kids like to help, and they can. After I am done with the chocolate, I take the extra milk chocolate and drizzle it back and forth to give it a fun look on the outside of the caramel. I hope this isn't too confusing. If you need to, you can call me about it. Just let me know. I am glad that you asked. It is really fun. One big bag of walnut halves will be a little too much for the batch of melted caramel...but they make a lot. After they are done cooling and the chocolate hardens, I take a spatula to take them off the wax paper, because the bottoms of the turtles will be caramely...I haven't figured out the best way to get the whole turtle covered. If you think of something let me know. Also, just let me know how they turn out when you make them and if you need any help with these instructions. Good luck!!!
That poem is super cute! You are very nice to say that others can use it. I'd be selfish and try to keep it all to myself!
Post a Comment