Sunday, April 12, 2009

Phoebe's First Birthday


I love this picture. Phoebe kept walking away from the birthday seat and from her presents. Lia Belle wanted to make sure Phoebe opened all of her presents and so she kept dragging her back to the seat. What a nice sister.

I tried to take some pictures of Phoebe on her first birthday, hoping to take quality pictures to avoid the studio. This was the best one. I couldn't get her to sit still, or stand still or look up at me. She just wanted to walk,walk, walk.



Phoebe really liked the cake.

This little present is a pea pod with a little dolly inside it. "Sweet Pea" is stitched into the side of the pod. I had to get that for her, since that is the nick name I call her.


"I'm a Big Girl Now!"

So Phoebe's birthday was on April 7th. I love first birthdays. They always make me emotional. The first year is such a journey, and it goes by so quickly. I also love first birthdays because around that time I feel like I am starting to return to normal, finally recovered from pregnancy and childbirth physically , emotionall and hormonally.
Phoebe is such a wonderful little person! Everyone always comments on how smiley she is. So I was thinking about her the other day and I realized just how happy and smiley she really is. If she is awake and not being bothered by her brother or sister, she has a smile on her face. If you look at her and say hi, she will give you a great big smile. She is content pretty much all the time. She makes me so happy. I sometimes miss her when she is sleeping. Even when she misses her naps she is still happy. She just goes with the flow. She loves dolls. She only will eat food that she can eat by herself. She started walking at 11 months. She tries to talk but it just comes out as cute little noises. She did say "George" the other day. (Jacob was a witness). She says' Hi, and waves goodbye. She will blow you kisses. she LOVES her big brother and will play with him for hours. He loves her too. She loves Lia Belle too, but is a little nervous of her because Lia Belle is not very gentle with her.
Before Phoebe was born, I was so nervous and not super excited about going through pregnancy and infancy again. But Phoebe came along and from the instant I saw her beautiful little face I knew it was all worth it. I can't imagine our family with out our sweet pea!







4 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

I can't imagine your family with out her either.She is just so special and a little angel! We love her so much and glad she had a Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so cute. Phoebe is a little ray of sunshine. She really just brings smiles everywhere. I love that baby! I can't believe she's one. Well, I really can't believe how old your other kids are too. It was good to see you guys when you were here. Love you!
Cherie

Alainarae said...

I agree completely! She is always happy! Besides when she only wanted you to hold her, before she liked me, she would cry when I tried, but that was pretty much the only time I've heard her really cry...and that doesn't count! And now she likes me! YAY! I can't believe she is 1, she is catching up to Milo and will be speaking sentences around him any day!

all about the girls said...

What a sweet tribute! You are such a great mom! I love your family so much.