Monday, August 10, 2009

Cannon Beach

On Saturday My friend Becky and I packed up the kids and headed to the coast! We stopped at Cannon Beach. We had a picnic lunch and played in the sand. When the kids were wet, sandy and tired, we dried them off, changed their clothes, put them back in the car and we headed home. Becky and I had at least a full hour of quiet chat time while all the kids snoozed away. Thank you Becky for coming with me to the Beach!

All of the kids had a turn at being buried in the sand.

On Friday I took the kids to OMSI and Phoebe refused to let her bare foot touch the pristine sand in the sand box there. I was shocked when she walked around and had a blast playing in the sand. Of course, she wore her sandals the whole time. Once her sandal fell off and she freaked out. She stood on the shoed foot and handed me the runaway sandal the whole time saying "uh, uh! Shoe! sHOE!"



Jacob, Kaylee and Gracie playing in the water. I am so amazed at Jacob. Last year he would not have been running around so carefree! He is really gaining in confidence and learning that you have a lot more fun when you are not shy or timid. Unfortunately he inherited that cautious attitude from me...



Phoebe was even having fun in the water. A few minutes after this picture she fell down and while on her hands and knees a wave came in that came up to her chest, she started to cry and I could see another wave comning so I quickly held my nice camera above my head with one hand and grabbed her by the arm with the other pulling her up and to safety. I was very amazed at my fast thinking to same my kid AND the camera! She was o.k. by the by..
You may notice from the pictures that it is a cloudy day. It has been cloudy and cool for the last few days, making it easier for me to mentally prepare for the move. It was about 70 degrees I think at the coast yesterday. We were grateful that it wasn't windy. If it had been windy it would have been way to chilly for the kids to play in the water. I was very happy when the sun burst through today...


3 comments:

Alainarae said...

I wish I could go with you to the coast for your last time there! SAd!!IT still looks pretty, even though it's cloudy. I told Roland, I would live back there again. I do miss it! And you!

Cindy Feuz said...

that's a beautiful beach. Makes me miss the jersey shore. Cute pics!

all about the girls said...

That was super fun! I am so glad we went!