Saturday, September 05, 2009

Deep Thoughts...

When I was a senior in High School, and then onto into my freshman year of college, I liked to watch Saturday Night Live. I especially like the spot of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts. I just found a book of the deep thoughts and I thought I'd share a few. It's funny, as I read through the thoughts I realized most of them are not as funny as I used to think they were. Or I realized they are funny but not for the way I thought they were... I guess experience is a great teacher, and I've learned I was pretty dumb (Naive, sheltered, whatever) when I was younger... (that is a deep thought of MINE but not intended to be a "deep thought" like Jack Handy's. These thoughts are so deep I think I'm going to drown.) So, anyway, for your enjoyment here are some deep thoughts I still think are funny and are clean enough to post on my blog.

One way I think you can tell if you have a curse on you is if you open a box of toothpicks and they all fly up and stick in your face.

If your kid makes
one of those little
homemade guitars
out of a cigar box
and rubber bands,
don't let him just
play it once or twice
and then throw it
away. Make him
practice on it, every day,
for about three
hours a day. Later,
he'll thank you.


The first thing
was, I learned to
forgive myself.
Then I told
myself, "Go Ahead
and do whatever you want,
it's o.kay by me."


I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but listen to yourself!

A funny thing is if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going for help, then go about ten feet and pretend you go bit by a snake. Then start an argument about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.


This one is my favorite and an oft quoted one at Royal Crest 111. ( My freshman apartment at Rick's College).

I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo! I'd have all my money back.

4 comments:

Alainarae said...

haha! that's cute you remember your address to your freshman apartment! Here is my favorite deep thought:

I have never liked clowns. I was trying to figure out why, and I guess it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my Dad.

Annie said...

Oh yeah. I remember that one.. That's pretty funny.

Cindy Feuz said...

Yeah those were the best! Here's a funny one..
Things tend to even out. Religion some people say, has caused wars and fighting.... Yes but it's also boring to sit through a church service, so it evens out.

Ashley said...

I had a long frustrating day today but reading this made me laugh and feel good! Thanks! I had numerous favorites of his "deep thoughts" :)