Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Good Night Lia Belle

My little princess had her first day of Pre-school today. She did so well. I was concerned that she would give me some trouble walking in those doors all by herself without her big brother(well, technically I walked in with her today). But she did fine. Last week Chad brought her a t-shirt home from Alaska. The t-shirt is pink with blue butterflies on it and the word Alaska in blue under the butterflies. My little princess, who will only wear dresses, LOVES this shirt! She wore it for a full 48hours after Chad gave it to her and then I washed it and she has been saving it to wear on the first day of school. I thought this was so funny! She even wore jeans with it! She looked very cute. Well, she needed some new clothes for fall, so we went shopping after school and she consented to a new pair of jeans and some t-shirts at old navy that had a fairy on it and other sparkly designs. So tonight when I was putting her to bed we had this conversation.

me- Lia Belle you are so pretty.
LB- Thank you. But I am NOT cute!
me- Well, you know, it's not bad to be cute. Cute and pretty are kind of the same thing.
LB- No mommy, I want to be pretty not cute. Some boys and girls say I am cute. But I am NOT! I Am PRETTY.

me- Well, why do you only want pretty clothes and not cute clothes?
LB- Because I am pretty not cute! and I want pretty clothes!

She is very observant. So then Chad and I had a discussion tonight on the subtle differences between cute and pretty and we decided that Lia Belle has already figured out said differences and decided the Pretty was a higher level of attractivenss than cute.

Here is something sweet she said to me. I have to write this so I will remember, I thought it so sweet.

Daddy- (in the car) Lia Belle, you are pretty., Phoebe, you are pretty too. Oh..Mommy, you are pretty too.

Lia Belle- (from the back of the car) Mommy! YOU are SUPER DUPER Pretty!

Now THAT made my day!!! I can remember as a little girl thinking that MY Mommy was the prettiest lady in the whole wide world!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cute. I mean pretty. Just don't get her started on being beautiful. I hope she won't insist on being beautiful instead of pretty or cute. You are a very good looking family. And you are super duper pretty. I remember thinking mom was the prettiest person in the world too. I can't wait until I have kids who adore me and think I'm the prettiest person too. Love ya.

Alainarae said...

I remember thinking mom was so pretty, and I liked how her shoulders moved up and down when she laughed! That is true, I wrote that in some primary book we made once for Mother's Day! I hope my little boys will think they have a pretty mommy!

I love, SUPER DUPER PRETTY! That is adorable!

Cindy Feuz said...

How special is that?
What a triple threat you have! Smart, pretty, and funny!
I always thought Mom, and Ronda and you were pretty too, hello remember me getting jelous of when Mom said Ronda had perfect eyebrows? Apparently I wanted to have perfect eyebrows too. But I have to admit that your smile Annie, is one of the prettiest I have ever seen.

Annie said...

Ahh! Cindy, thank you!
And you DO have perfect eyebrows! Mine are Wild and CrAZY!

Annie said...

Oh, and for the record.. I STILL think my mom is beautiful! I hope I look as good as her when I am 60!

Kristi said...

I told Nicole that she looked pretty and she said, "thanks mommy, but you mean GORGEOUS." Yes, Nicole, you're gorgeous. Don't teach Lia Belle that word. It'll come back to bite you.

p.s. I think you're super duper pretty too!!

all about the girls said...

She's pretty observant since her mom is definitely super duper pretty!!