Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm way behind on my postings ! I hope to remedy that soon. A little button broke on my laptop that disables the wireless. That is my excuse. Anywhoo... we have been busy househunting and throwing some travel in as well.
Tuesday before Thanksgiving we heard the news that my Grandfather, Bill Belcher, passed away. He was 89 years old. It was not unexpected, but sad, just the same. In fact, our prayers were answered that he could pass away peacefully and be free of the pain and suffering he was in.
The next day, I jumped in the minivan with my sister Cindy, her two boys, and LIa Belle and we caravaned across the country with Eli and Cherie following in their car. We were blessed with clear skies and clear roads. We made it to Ronda's house in Omaha in 14 hours, spent the night then drove the last 3 hours to my mom's house on Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful to be with my family on Thanksgiving. It has been many years since we were all together, with my uncles, cousins, and all my siblings. We were able to express our love and gratitude to my grandma about her and my grandfather. They have been married 63 years!
On Friday was the viewing, and Chad flew in with PHoebe and Jacob and made it just in time. The funeral was on Saturday and it was wonderful. How can a funeral be wonderful? Well, we were all together and took comfort in eachother. We remembered grandpa and all his shenanigans. He was awesome!
I am grateful for my grandparents. They have been a huge blessing in my life. They have shown their love for me not only through words, but through service. My life has been blessed and molded by the knowledge that they loved me.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Hey, I didn't know about this. I'm sorry to hear it. But I'm glad you were with your family and that the funeral was good.

My grandfathers have both been dead for years and years but I have fond childhood memories of them and am looking forward to getting to know them better someday! And I am grateful that both of my grandmothers are still alive and healthy.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you were able to be there for the funeral and spend that time with your family.
Nicole is getting so excited to come see you guys. I still don't know when exactly we'll be in SLC, but I have your number in my cell so we'll figure it out. Can't wait!!

Alainarae said...

finally, you updated!!