


Father's day weekend Chad flew into Kansas City. His first day there we took our three kids and Ronda's four girls to World's of fun. I guess I'll post pictures of that on the next post. The next day we drove 5 more hours to Nauvoo, IL. This is a little town that Mormon Pioneers settled and lived in before they were driven out by Mobs trying to kill them. It was a big city, bigger than Chicago, at the time. Now some of the city has been restored and visitors can come and get a taste of pioneer life. In the summer missionaries dress as pioneers and give tours of the different houses and shops. The kids loved the blacksmith shop with a demonstration of how horse- shoes were made. They also loved the pioneer children area where they could dress up like a pioneer and play pioneer games.









We stayed in a log cabin instead of a hotel. That was fun. The picture of Chad alone is in front of an ancestors land. Phoebe loved her new Pioneer bonnet. Phoebe was being so funny. She says the funniest things. When we were walking into the visitors center she noticed that Giant statue of Jesus. She said, "Mom, is that Jesus?" "yes"
"Mom, does Jesus love me."
"Yes, Phoebe, he does love you."
"Oh.. ha haha, I thought so." What a kid.
We had a great time in Nauvoo. The weather was wonderful, it wasn't crowded and we loved learning about the pioneers and their faith .
1 comment:
Looks like a great trip!! And I'm cracking up because I think the picture I have of my kids in front of the Nauvoo temple is the exact same crooked....we must've stood in the same spot!
Post a Comment