THis picture really has nothing to do with Sunday Blessings. I just realized I haven't posted many pics. of my new kitchen (Which I LOVE) This is our bench, with drawers that are already full of mis-matched parts of toys and games.
O.k. Sunday Blessings. Last Sunday while sitting in Sacrament Meeting. A member of our ward came up to me and whispered that I needed to come outside because Chad's truck was broken into. Chad was sitting up with the choir, so I told the kids to behave, passed Felicity off to a friend and went outside. The rear passenger window was smashed in. Since I didn't know what was in his truck to be taken we sent a nice young man inside to discreetly get Chad to come outside and talk to the police. Chad found that his ski boots, and two ski coats had been stolen. Bummer! It was disheartening, but I guess there are some bold theives that go around on Sunday to church parking lots looking to see what they can quickly grab.
What I've been thinking about is the comments we heard at church from friends and neighbors. "Are you o.k?" "I'm so sorry that this happened to you." "I hope you have a better day."
All remarks appropriate and kind. But made me think, "Hmmm, maybe we should feel more upset about this than we are."
We both kind of thought, "great, annoying, now we have to spend time and money getting our STUFF fixed or replaced."
But we both realized it is just stuff. It doesn't matter. It's annoying to deal with, but lets face it, any bit of stuff you allow into your home, you are allowing to take a little claim on your energy and time. It all has to be cleaned, used, put away, cared for, thought about no matter how small.
I feel blessed that I realize stuff is just that, STUFF. Even my new kitchen, which is in essence a bunch of stuff. It doesn't matter like the people I love, my childrens' safety, well being and happiness. It's not important like good health and an active, happy, giving life.
1 comment:
whoah! That's such a bummer! That was happening out here at our old ward a couple years ago. It's actually pretty smart! The thieves know everyone is inside not paying attention to their cars! Well, I'm sorry that happened, but you are right... The stuff doesn't matter! What a good reminder!
Post a Comment